Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    don't go to cambridge if u didn't like it..i went round oxford and cambridge b4 even applying and decided i didn't want to go there so i didn't even apply.....

warwick is a fab uni so go for it!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It'sPhil...)
    Hey all I am in a bit of a pickle and was wondering if anyone could help. Ive got offeres to study maths at Warwick, Cambridge, Imperial, Bristol etc and out of them i am drawn mostly to Warwick and Cambridge. My problem is that i liked warwick a lot more than cambridge and it looks like a really good place that i would prefer to study in - So do you think it would be stupid to decline cambridges offer or would i regret it? Is there actually much difference between them?
    OH MY GOD.... What did you like about Warwick? I just returned from the UK where I visited all my choices and I found Warwick to be the worst of all!

ReputationRep:
    It sounds quite naff but it was mostly the 'vibe' of the place. When I visited warwick i really felt that this would be a place i would enjoy living/studying in for 3/4 years, but i dont think i could say the same about cambridge. Also although cambridge is said to be academically better, what exactly does thisa mean? Certainly harder, and i am scared that it will be way too hard and i will not srvive my time there or at least not enjoy it much. I applied to cam becasue my teacher said i had a decent chance of getting in and i thought i might as well. The main attractors to cam for me are the reputation and for waraick the people, the feel of the place.

hey phil this is a big decision for you... i know the feeling... h/w after reading your statement above just a quick advise: do not turn down cambridge on the basis that you will find the work too hard...never underestimate yourself. Your teacher and the academic tutor at cam have seen your potential and so should you! Accept the challenge and prove your self by going there and working hard and leave your mark at the school.

ReputationRep:
    Hey all I am in a bit of a pickle and was wondering if anyone could help. Ive got offeres to study maths at Warwick, Cambridge, Imperial, Bristol etc and out of them i am drawn mostly to Warwick and Cambridge. My problem is that i liked warwick a lot more than cambridge and it looks like a really good place that i would prefer to study in - So do you think it would be stupid to decline cambridges offer or would i regret it? Is there actually much difference between them?

i know how you feel i was offred an offer by oxford for law, i intend to take warwick, even though oxford is better, it was so dry n i just did not fit in. I go where you wana go, ps warwick is excellent too

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 8, 2004
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.