Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey i have looked through alll my text books and i cant seem to work out how to answear this question, i have tryed to draw out the vertical and horizontal components aswell and idont think my ansa is any where near right;

question :::

a metal aircarft with a wing span of 42m files horizonotally with a speed of 1000kmh-1 in a direction due east a region where the vertical component of the flux density of the Earths magnetic field is 4.5*10-5T.

1. calculate the flux cut per second by the wings of the aircraft

2. determine the magnitude of the potential difference between the wing tips, stating the law which you are applying to your calculation

3. what would be the change in the potential difference, if any, if the aircraft flew due west.

if any body can help i would be most grateful

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.