The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
SAM*
Hello everybody!

I hope every one is doing well with their admissions! i have an interview with Barts coming up- still haven't heard from Imperial who stop interviewing 7th April, i was just wondering whether anyone knows how long before interview they inform you! i just want to know whether i still have a chance or not!

sam
x

hi sam!
i heard from imperial in nov about an interview in feb, but i have heard that that some people are hearing now bout interviews in late march...u should hear soon! u could phone them up if u want and ask about the status of ure application, but often they don't tell u much...gr!
anyway, good luck with barts! what r your other choices?
connie x
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
hello!

thanks for your help! As for me i was rejected by King's without interview and UCL after interview! i am still really down about UCL because it was my top choice but thats how things go sometimes heY? how about you?

sam
x
Reply 3
hey sam! sorry, for not replying, i just found this thread again!
:frown: i was rejected by kings without interview last week :frown: i was really upset about it, but now i'm ok about it, they don't know what they're missing, for rejecting both of us!! lol!
i've got an offer from imperial, and haven't heard from edinburgh... :frown:
have u had ure barts interview yet? how did it go?
x
Reply 4
C0nnie
:frown: i was rejected by kings without interview last week :frown: i was really upset about it, but now i'm ok about it, they don't know what they're missing, for rejecting both of us!! lol!
x

Well u should be happy...Imperial College has a v.good Medical school...and reputation wise it beats UCL anytime (not for medicine though)...
Also ur a female so u won't have any problem with Imperial's Boy/Girl ratio as there more boys than girls in Imperial!! I;d personally wouldn't go there because of it...
Reply 5
C0nnie
x

My Barts interview seemed to be ok- but i felt the same after UCL so am really hoping it doesn't quite turn out like that! What was you imperial interview like and what was your fourth choice?

Well done for getting inot imperial, i mean if they offered you a place King's have really missed out!

I still haven't heard from imperial, not that i'd get in if i did! sorry for sounding so negative bout myself its jus two knockbacks with no offers in hand does this to you!

sam
x
Reply 6
hey hamal, thanx, i am happy! :smile: and the boy/girl ratio is v v good! :biggrin:
did u apply to imperial?

hey sam! aw, ucl are just stupid!! and don't worry bout imperial, u'll hear pretty soon, and barts with good news!!!! :smile:
i wrote up my interview from imperial here if ure interested: http://www.medschoolguide.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4435
i thought it was ok, but i had the whole, 'ooh i wish i sed that, or didn't say that' afterwards.
i really hate this way of choosing ppl for medicine, i mean i phoned and my head of 6th form phoned up kings to ask why i got rejected, and they rattled off the same stuff to both of us, nothing specific whatsoever, just 'too much competition'. (well i do understnad that they can't really b bothered to look up every1's file who they rejected...but still!) it's feels esp bad cos it's without interview... argh! did u try phoning them up?
cambridge was my other choice...we don't talk about that nemore :mad: lol! it wasn't really a gd experience...

x
Reply 7
C0nnie
hey hamal, thanx, i am happy! :smile: and the boy/girl ratio is v v good! :biggrin:
did u apply to imperial?
x

Yo No i didn't apply to imperial...But GREAT uni though.., if u have a degree from Imperial U'll be sorted for Life....! but then again ur doing medicine so u’ll be sorted anyway...:d
Reply 8
HamaL
Yo No i didn't apply to imperial...But GREAT uni though.., if u have a degree from Imperial U'll be sorted for Life....! but then again ur doing medicine so u’ll be sorted anyway...:d

lol, thanx! i was kinda having doubts before, not that i have a choice of where to go really :frown:
i know this sounds ungrateful, but social life is quite important to me, (but not as much as going to a gd reputable uni), and i've heard quite negative things about social life at imperial.
do u know anything about its social life?
where did u apply?
x
Reply 9
C0nnie
lol, thanx! i was kinda having doubts before, not that i have a choice of where to go really :frown:
i know this sounds ungrateful, but social life is quite important to me, (but not as much as going to a gd reputable uni), and i've heard quite negative things about social life at imperial.
do u know anything about its social life?
where did u apply?
x

I ve got an conditional offer From LSE to read BSc Mathematics and Economics. But i'm not so sure if i can get the grades thought...i need AAA :frown:
Reply 10
C0nnie
did u apply to imperial?

hey sam! aw, ucl are just stupid!! and don't worry bout imperial, u'll hear pretty soon, and barts with good news!!!! :smile:
i wrote up my interview from imperial here if ure interested: http://www.medschoolguide.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4435
i thought it was ok, but i had the whole, 'ooh i wish i sed that, or didn't say that' afterwards.
i really hate this way of choosing ppl for medicine, i mean i phoned and my head of 6th form phoned up kings to ask why i got rejected, and they rattled off the same stuff to both of us, nothing specific whatsoever, just 'too much competition'. (well i do understnad that they can't really b bothered to look up every1's file who they rejected...but still!) it's feels esp bad cos it's without interview... argh! did u try phoning them up?
cambridge was my other choice...we don't talk about that nemore :mad: lol! it wasn't really a gd experience...

x

Yeah i agree with the UCL being stupid thing- LOL!

I didn't bother calling king's cause firstly i don't like King's as much as the other three just applied cause it was in London and secondly it was my first rejection- i knew i was bound to get a few however if it had been a later rejection i may have called!

I'm jus really nervous about the Bart's thing now i really like it there, this always waiting thing is torture and so far has been the story of my life (always holding out until the very end) getting sick of it! The oxbridge thing- yeah its pretty much history with all my oxbridge applicant friends seems so long ago!

if you get into Edinborough- what is goin to be ur first choice?

sam
x
Reply 11
SAM*
Yeah i agree with the UCL being stupid thing- LOL!

I didn't bother calling king's cause firstly i don't like King's as much as the other three just applied cause it was in London and secondly it was my first rejection- i knew i was bound to get a few however if it had been a later rejection i may have called!

I'm jus really nervous about the Bart's thing now i really like it there, this always waiting thing is torture and so far has been the story of my life (always holding out until the very end) getting sick of it! The oxbridge thing- yeah its pretty much history with all my oxbridge applicant friends seems so long ago!

if you get into Edinborough- what is goin to be ur first choice?

sam
x

Hi Sam!

guess what i have been waiting for IC for about 6 months now! however this morning i got rejected, without an interview...

i just don't seem to understand what it is that they are actually looking for? i have almost all A and A* at GCSE, all A at AS, and predicted 4As for A-level, and i have done YE, have been the school council secretary, peer mediator, done a 5 weeks PHd equivalent research about anti-HLA and antibody reactions on top of work experience, ecetra, ecetra.... did the research at Hammersmiths, under a IC professor...

so ppl tell me what have i done so flipping wrong...and don't give me all the junk about it is a lottery as they ask for ABB in their prospectus...
they seriously need to sort out their system of selection, or they are gonna loose out on quite good applicants..!

Oh great! now its outta my system...hope you get an interview and get in...

i have offers from other places, but rejection is a bad hit to my ego, which is about the size of the amazon...
hey nodabooper

i know how u feel, i'm in the same boat as u - got rejected this morning with A*s and As at GCSE and a 4A prediction for A2s in maths chem bio and physics.

thing is my mate got an interview last week with AAAB at AS and 3A prediction at a-level.

i havent done the research thingie like u but i did shit loads of work experience, worked at an old folks club, did rugby & karate, did charity work for lymphoma sufferers, got 90%+ average in three of my ASs.

i shall be speaking to them on monday - its not exactly going to be doing me any harm !!!

other than that i've been rejected from 2 other places and hold my only offer at KCL of ABB.
Reply 13
theycallmemrpig
hey nodabooper

i know how u feel, i'm in the same boat as u - got rejected this morning with A*s and As at GCSE and a 4A prediction for A2s in maths chem bio and physics.

thing is my mate got an interview last week with AAAB at AS and 3A prediction at a-level.

i havent done the research thingie like u but i did shit loads of work experience, worked at an old folks club, did rugby & karate, did charity work for lymphoma sufferers, got 90%+ average in three of my ASs.

i shall be speaking to them on monday - its not exactly going to be doing me any harm !!!

other than that i've been rejected from 2 other places and hold my only offer at KCL of ABB.

Hi!
i am calling them up too...and swearing at them, can't harm now can it!
its not that i really want to go there...but its just that thing..
i got almost 100% in all my Maths and Bio modules...chemistry was 80%/90% approx...i do further maths on top of that, which is just for fun (don't assume i am sad)...
i got Nottingham (AAB)
Rejected from Cambridge!
Havn't heard from Bristol!!!!
i think this thing is just a bleeding joke!
could have gone on holiday last year, and not spent 5 weeks travelling on the filthy London tube, and could have set some fire crackers off myself instead of tending people who have had an accident on bonfire night!
good luck...with the A-Levels (we atleast go them!!!)
Reply 14
Hey guys!

I'm so sorry to hear about your rejections!

My grades aren't as high as yours just AABb and my GCSE's (mostly A's) weren't as good as yours either! i do have loads of voluntary/charity work and tonnes of WE! i haven't been rejected yet but i don't fancy my chances of getting an interview! honestly if they are rejecting people like you guys i'm bound to get that letter of doom soon!

I totally agree with you about the selection system it needs changing! However i do believe that people who are not as academically strong but have 100% motivation to do medicine should be given a chance! I'm not saying that you guys don't have the motivation its just that sometimes things just happen and by the sounds of it i think there is alot of luck involved!

You guys are lucky you hold offers, i mean it only takes one offer doesn't it!?

sam
x
Reply 15
Is Imperial more heavy for science in medicine than other med schools?
i got rejected too on saturday. i wasnt really all that bothered cos i got in2 UCL but it was still annoying. by the sounds of u guys therz prolly no wonder i got rejected. i got all A*/As at GCSE and As at AS but i am doin art as my 3rd alevle n perhaps that put them off. also doesnt sound like i did as much w/e as u guys - only did some voluntary work at my hosp.. but i did do fundraising activities. im personally not gonna bother calling them.
btw SAM have u heard from barts yet? cos my friend had an interview there early feb n she STILL hasnt heard!how long do they take????
Reply 17
FunkyTeenAngel

btw SAM have u heard from barts yet? cos my friend had an interview there early feb n she STILL hasnt heard!how long do they take????

Hey!
i haven't heard from them yet, but most of my friends have heard after a week or so! your friend should definately call them they should have got back to her!

sam
x
Reply 18
wow!!

this is devastating. i got into imperial for biotech, but i would never have thought that they reject such excellent applicants!!! i study in germany, so i can't make any comparisions in terms of grades and stuff, but this is just insane!!!
Reply 19
FunkyTeenAngel
i got rejected too on saturday. i wasnt really all that bothered cos i got in2 UCL but it was still annoying. by the sounds of u guys therz prolly no wonder i got rejected. i got all A*/As at GCSE and As at AS but i am doin art as my 3rd alevle n perhaps that put them off. also doesnt sound like i did as much w/e as u guys - only did some voluntary work at my hosp.. but i did do fundraising activities. im personally not gonna bother calling them.

wow, i think they must have made a mistake, cos those grades are bound to be wanted anywhere!!

Latest