The Student Room Group

European Target Schools

I've had a search on the forums, but can't find an extensive answer to my question. I'm looking at masters courses currently, and am interested in studying an outside of the UK. I'm wondering which schools are targeted by investment banks in London?

I'm currently looking at Bocconi, Rotterdam School of Management and Stockholm School of Economics, but not sure if they're big targets or if there are other schools I should look at.

I'm wondering if anyone knows which schools are the most targeted or has a list of targets?
Reply 1
Polytechnique, ENSAE, Mines, Dauphine.
HEC, ESSEC, ESCP.
SSE, RSM, HSG, Bocconi, Mannheim.
Original post by effofex
Polytechnique, ENSAE, Mines, Dauphine.
HEC, ESSEC, ESCP.
SSE, RSM, HSG, Bocconi, Mannheim.

Thank you very much.

I'm interested in a MSc Management (as i'm from a non-finance background and would like to learn some more about business and finance). A few of these schools don't offer MSc Management, just more general science and arts programmes, unless i'm missing it?

There aren't any other schools that are targeted are there? What about ESADE, INSEAD, IESE, IE Business School, Copenhagen? They all place highly in tables of business schools etc.
Reply 3
Original post by Industrious Orca
Thank you very much.

I'm interested in a MSc Management (as i'm from a non-finance background and would like to learn some more about business and finance). A few of these schools don't offer MSc Management, just more general science and arts programmes, unless i'm missing it?

There aren't any other schools that are targeted are there? What about ESADE, INSEAD, IESE, IE Business School, Copenhagen? They all place highly in tables of business schools etc.

INSEAD is more known for its MBA. IE places far better in Latin America than in London. ESADE is not a big player when it comes to placing in London when compared to the French schools. Copenhagen would be fine for the Scandinavian region - but fluency in Nordic languages would be expected to give yourself good work prospects.
Thank you very much for your help - would rep you, but have to rate some other members first.
Reply 5
WHU (Germany) is targeted by IB's too, but I wouldn't study there for any amount of money. Look up its location, just sucks.
Nevertheless, the school is the top feeder for IB in the german speaking countries together with HSG and Mannheim.
Thank you very much.

Most of these places have the advantage of being "the best in their country" (ok obviously ESADE and IESE can't both be the best but among the best) which means that students from there will be represented in banks. But they're not recruited from that heavily.
Reply 7
I've had a search on the forums, but can't find an extensive answer to my question. I'm looking at masters courses currently, and am interested in studying an outside of the UK. I'm wondering which schools are targeted by investment banks in London?

I'm currently looking at Bocconi, Rotterdam School of Management and Stockholm School of Economics, but not sure if they're big targets or if there are other schools I should look at.

I'm wondering if anyone knows which schools are the most targeted or has a list of targets?

From my experience of internships and assessment centres:

France: HEC, ESSEC, ESCP. To this you could add polytechnique, centrale and les mines but you won't get in at masters level there anyway. Somebody mentionned Dauphine but they are absolutely not target (avoid that school really). Sciences po at a push
Italy: Bocconi
Belgium: Solvay, Vlerick
Switzerland: St gallen
Spain: ICADE
Germany: WHU, European business school, Manheim
The Netherlands: RSM
Sweden: SSE

I put in bold those who where heavily respresented in the internships I did
Reply 8
If you really want to know then go on the careers pages of the companies you want to work for and see which universities feature in their drop-down menus, which ones they visit etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending