Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi. As u guys know, u have to write down ur qualification in ur UCAS form.

Now the problem is that when will I be needing to show my O-levels A-levels and IELTS certificates to them. Will I be notified by the unis like "U will need to send ur certificates now by mail" or something like that... I am really nervous. When will I send my certificates to them, or will i be showing them after i go there?? :confused:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Some unis don't ask to see them. Some will ask you to bring them to registration, and others will want them before that. But you will be notified (by post or email usually) when they want to see them. If you haven't lied about your qualifications, you have nothing to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    Thank God.....and I worried myself to death... :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Out of complete curiousity, why are you nervous about showing your certificates?

ReputationRep:
    edinburgh, for example, asks you to send a photocopy.

he was probably scared because he hadn't done it yet and thought he might be too late or something.

ReputationRep:
    Some universities ask you to present them on enrolment, which usually takes place during the first week of term. Others may contact you and request photocopies. Some may not even ask for them. Don't worry!

ReputationRep:
    BTW if universities ask you to mail photocopies to them, make sure you certify them true. This can be done by stamping your school's logo onto the form, along with the signature of a representative of the school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knogle)
    BTW if universities ask you to mail photocopies to them, make sure you certify them true. This can be done by stamping your school's logo onto the form, along with the signature of a representative of the school.
    Do schools actually do this any longer? I had to certify my written work for Oxford and my school refused to do it. Hence I had to go to the guildhall to do that and only the fact that my mum knows the guy who was responsible for that saved me from paying €20.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammertal)
    Do schools actually do this any longer? I had to certify my written work for Oxford and my school refused to do it. Hence I had to go to the guildhall to do that and only the fact that my mum knows the guy who was responsible for that saved me from paying €20.
    Refused to do it? My school does it for free. I'm sure it helps that I maintain an excellent relationship with the admin staff, but still, I'm sure anyone could have their documents certified without being levied a fee.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    well i only had to show them during enrolment week, but the uni's will have to see them at some point.

ReputationRep:
    Refused to do it? My school does it for free. I'm sure it helps that I maintain an excellent relationship with the admin staff, but still, I'm sure anyone could have their documents certified without being levied a fee.
    They only certify grade reports for a fee of €1 on results day. Anything else and they have to ask our headmaster what takes them some weeks. Same goes for grade predictions: no we never did that, so we won't do it know. Really annoying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammertal)
    They only certify grade reports for a fee of €1 on results day. Anything else and they have to ask our headmaster what takes them some weeks. Same goes for grade predictions: no we never did that, so we won't do it know. Really annoying.
    Your school stinks of bureaucracy quite honestly. :/
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    i would have had no problems certifying them if needsbe, schools should do it for you especially if your off to a high profile uni.

ReputationRep:
    ooh ****ty..dont know where my GCSE ones are..or My AS ones for that matter..I have my A level ones tho

ReputationRep:
    Your school stinks of bureaucracy quite honestly. :/
    Nothing to add... It's a prime example of German stereotypes. :rolleyes:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Hralipour)
    ooh ****ty..dont know where my GCSE ones are..or My AS ones for that matter..I have my A level ones tho
    You'll only need to prove you've met the offer. So if they asked for gcse maths/english, you'll need that. But if your a-levels met the offer, and you don't need as's then don't worry too much about that one.

ReputationRep:
    U guys have any idea if Bristol or Sheffield is gonna ask for the certficates?? They didnt ask me yet.

And yes m1kes, I was scared because I thouse I thought it was too late to submit, (as Hello_its_me notified)
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    my friend was at sheffield she had to bring them to a course induction in the first week, but that was 2 years ago. It probably depends on departments too. Different departments/schools/faculties run things slightly differently.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

Student on bed with laptop

All student accommodation articles

City guides and advice on finding the right place

Photo of apprentices

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A young woman talking to her mother

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.