The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
JBacon
Call me stupid if you will but what on earth is Lacrosse?

These pictures may help, I hope. :smile:

Spoiler

Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 21
a game played with a stick and a ball.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lacrosse
Reply 22
You know, they play it at girls' boarding schools :rolleyes:
Reply 23
they play it at alot of girls schools!
Reply 24
They didn't play it at my girls school...we weren't posh enough :frown:
Reply 25
haha girls' lacrosse is so different from the guys'. i just found out that there is a team at UoL and more in the premier league, which probably will be more suitable for me.
Reply 26
why cause ur amazin? :P AFAIK UoL aren't that great. (There was a recent tournie in Dublin where a few of my mates went) and they said that there was one uni (can't remember Loughborough maybe) who just destroyed everyone - but they had americans who were sick!
Reply 27
haha yeah man. i am amazing. no im kidding .... im just assuming that UoL club team is probably not even equivalent of a high school team in the states because most players begin when they enter college. lacrosse is like my life, so i want to keep playing when i go to england.
Reply 28
haha so you will prolly be quite good, just out of interest how big is rugby & football (soccer) stateside?
Reply 29
rugby doesn't really exist here. i believe it's played by certain colleges (mostly on club-level). it sure isn't played much in high school. also "football" or soccer is very widely played by people of various ages. however, the professional soccer league is young and weak.
Reply 30
yeah, the Dublin tournamnet was awesome, but Loughborough brought in a couple of extra players, including probably the 2nd best keeper i've encountered and also picked up a couple of Cardiff lad's who had had ther team drop out. Also in the competeition were "Team Ireland" which was mostly american players with some kind of irish link. Semis were Durham vs Team Ireland (3-6) and Oxford&Birmingham Combined vs Loughbourough (L'boro win). FInal was 8-2 to Ireland. we would have battered tghe normal loughborough side, but their ringers were very influential, specially the keeper.
Regards what level, the southern standard is much lower than that in the north and even in the north i'd expect someone who had played at decent US levels or in a side that could batter the welsh like that would be looking at premier or 2nd div in the north league, so definitely southern premier. Mens is gonna be BUSA next season though so hopefully that'll help raise standards.

One tip, don't expect to buy kit in the UK, we pay huge amounts for it compared to US prices. Also, we don't have to wear mouthguards here and so you can't get the ones that fit to your helmet at all. And it is most deinfitely a winter sport here, roll on rain and mud!
Reply 31
that is awesome. i love playing in the rain.

i may sound stupid, but does the british winter consist mostly or rain? what about snow? (we get lots of that at where i am now, and i don't enjoy it)
Reply 32
We get rain practically all year round :rolleyes: but hardly any snow in London...can't remember the last time it snowed heavily here, must have been a few years ago.
Reply 33
about 10years ago.
George Bush
rugby doesn't really exist here. i believe it's played by certain colleges (mostly on club-level). it sure isn't played much in high school. also "football" or soccer is very widely played by people of various ages. however, the professional soccer league is young and weak.

My university (Stanford) just won the Women's national rugby championships!!

It definitely exists at a good number of US colleges.
Reply 35
ohh... when i think of rugby, i can only think of Brown ... probably because i know a person who plays it there. i guess it's a varsity sport then.. sorry.

Latest

Trending

Trending