Turn on thread page Beta

pythagoras or american football? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    english oral tomorrow, which would make a more interesting talk?

The history of pythagoras or the history of the superbowl?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blag dahlia113)
    english oral tomorrow, which would make a more interesting talk?

The history of pythagoras or the history of the superbowl?
    could you not combine the two and begin discussing architectural design regarding triangular forms in the structures of football stadia?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    could you not combine the two and begin discussing architectural design regarding triangular forms in the structures of football stadia?
    Hahahaha brilliant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Hahahaha brilliant
    im afraid of that being sarcasm, i just cant tell on the internet, so im gona sit here quietly......... incidently, where is your pic adshur? i cannot find it anywhere, but i remember seeing it a while back.

ReputationRep:
    orrrr, you oculd pretend to talk about pythagoras and explain the plot of Friends and chuck Pythagoras in there every say, eight ot nine words...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    im afraid of that being sarcasm, i just cant tell on the internet, so im gona sit here quietly......... incidently, where is your pic adshur? i cannot find it anywhere, but i remember seeing it a while back.
    No, I assure you it wasn't sarcastic.

Aha, well I'm not telling you

ReputationRep:
    Pythagoras.
    But make sure you talk about his wife, the real brains behind the operation!

ReputationRep:
    History of pythagoras hands down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie Heskins)
    History of pythagoras hands down
    Superbowl is also good.
    Don't forget to mention the legendary 1996 superbowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    NFL Football is way more excitin to talk about than some guy who made Math more difficult.

You could talk about some of the games greatest players, say Joe Namath who predicted at the start of the season that his Jet would go all the way and win the Superbowl, and they did.

You could talk about the only team to make 4 straight Superbowl appearances and lose them all.

You could talk about great Quarterbacks past and present. You could mention that College Football is equally as big with the top colleges having stadiums bigger & better than most Premier Soccer clubs in the UK.

Its even quite a popular sport amongst colleges in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    Pythagoras was not just some guy!
    He created a whole movement!
    Although, see earlier comment about Mrs Pythagoras

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hitchhiker_13)
    Pythagoras was not just some guy!
    He created a whole movement!
    Although, see earlier comment about Mrs Pythagoras
    OK, so he did, but all I know about him has to do with Math, I guess if you like Math then you like pythagoras, and if you like whatever else he did I guess you like him for that too. Football still better though, dude!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 101mphfastball)
    OK, so he did, but all I know about him has to do with Math, I guess if you like Math then you like pythagoras, and if you like whatever else he did I guess you like him for that too. Football still better though, dude!
    without pythagoras, dude, simple stuff would'nt be possible, eg, people wouldn't be able to calculate the optimum angle to kick your soccer, or superbowl ball, or whatever it is called so that it had max elevation and horizontal speed.

mr pythagoras was a smart man so don't u be dissing him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SasunD)
    without pythagoras, dude, simple stuff would'nt be possible, eg, people wouldn't be able to calculate the optimum angle to kick your soccer, or superbowl ball, or whatever it is called so that it had max elevation and horizontal speed.

mr pythagoras was a smart man so don't u be dissing him.
    You ever seen a field goal kicker calcluate his angle and trajectory before he takes his kick, I don't think so. I play baseball I know how hard and at what angle to throw a ball over any distance I never had to work it out using Math, pythagoras never helped me win a ball game!

ReputationRep:
    Pythagoras murdered someone too Far more interesting than a bunch of padded blokes throwing themselves at each other

ReputationRep:
    You ever seen a field goal kicker calcluate his angle and trajectory before he takes his kick, I don't think so. I play baseball I know how hard and at what angle to throw a ball over any distance I never had to work it out using Math, pythagoras never helped me win a ball game!
    u don't do it at the time of kicking. Basically, without maths, u would be playing in the tiddlywinks championships instead of superbowl. All that aerodynamics and stuff is maths and physics, if you had to do it with trial and error methods the sport wouldnt be as advanced as it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Pythagoras got his geometry knowledge from the Egyptians, whereas American Football was ripped off rugby or something. I think.
    yep, it was ripped off. kmon man American football, most of the time you carry the damn ball in your hands, you only kick it to score the goal or sumthing. whereas real football as in the on we play here in England, you kick the ball all the time, if you touch it with your hand/s then its a hand ball and its a free kick for your opposite team.
    Where the hell did the name soccer come from?
    and yeah, american football seems too much like rugby for me, and again, the english one has a better name.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SasunD)
    yep, it was ripped off. kmon man American football, most of the time you carry the damn ball in your hands, you only kick it to score the goal or sumthing. whereas real football as in the on we play here in England, you kick the ball all the time, if you touch it with your hand/s then its a hand ball and its a free kick for your opposite team.
    Where the hell did the name soccer come from?
    and yeah, american football seems too much like rugby for me, and again, the english one has a better name.

Association Football. So it is a valid name

ReputationRep:
    NFL Football is way more excitin to talk about than some guy who made Math more difficult.
    i think you mean, made math(s) usefull.

You could mention that College Football is equally as big with the top colleges having stadiums bigger & better than most Premier Soccer clubs in the UK.

i seriously doubt colleges over here have american football stadiums, they typically only have a population of 2 thousand. universites on the other hand...

and its called football, not soccer.

are you american by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    i think you mean, made math(s) usefull.

i seriously doubt colleges over here have american football stadiums, they typically only have a population of 2 thousand. universites on the other hand...

and its called football, not soccer.

are you american by any chance?
    No I'm a Texan, yes I am from the States.
    Is a university not a college in the UK, isnt that confusing?

I was referring to College Football in the States having large Stadiums, not UK College Football, all I know is its popular and lots of UK colleges have teams, not stadiums, just teams.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.