The Student Room Group

Materials Engineering applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hey guys I am an International Student. I am very interested in applying for Materials Engineering. Actually I am confused which one to chose materials or mechanical. I am very interested in chem and in IGCSE I lost the chance of becoming a world topper by only 1 mark. When I entered IB 11th year my dad forced me to drop Chemistry and go for commerce field. I took physics though to keep my options open. Now my dad has agreed and I really wanna do Materials Engg but I dont have chem in IB it is written on the websites that u need one from chem or phy. Can I still apply for this degree, Ur view? Should I apply provided i didnt study chem in 11,12 even though its my fav subject? Will my chances of getting an offer b less in compared to the people with chemistry?
Reply 21
Original post by bilal95

Hi Gnakhel, do you mind me asking what your offer was and whether you got an interview or not?
Thanks

Original post by clydeshen411
AHHHHH,thank u, when did u get the offer?

Offer was unconditional as I was already done with secondary school. I sent my application in January, got an interview in february and received my offer 2 weeks after the interview.
Reply 22
Original post by Waterpolo
Applied to Exeter too and got an offer

Do you mind me asking what AS levels you got and when you gave in your application? :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by Gee:)
Do you mind me asking what AS levels you got and when you gave in your application? :smile:

4As and predicted 3 A*
Reply 24
Original post by AB-94
Yeah it was actually really good to just experience the uni environment and stuff too. I found it really hard to get any specific work experience. But I did the engineering education scheme and so i'm counting on that, plus the headstart course and my other extra curricular stuff on being enough :/ Did you manage to find any work experience? :smile:

hello,sorry for the late reply was banned for 3 weeks for silly reasons :s-smilie: haha anyway i was recently accepted for engineering work experience @ Airbus UK so im waiting for them to give me some dates so i can get it done with xD Umm im also awaiting some work experience from Rolls Royce :smile:. Its good that you heard some experience you can put that on ur CV for when your looking for a job employers want to see lots of experience in an individual along with an impressive degree.
anyone going to manchester for the 'visit day' next wednesday?
Reply 26
Original post by freakynerdlol
anyone going to manchester for the 'visit day' next wednesday?

Nope, but I've been invited to one in December :smile: Does it say you've got an informal interview on your itinerary??

Quick Reply

Latest