Back to back-ing rigevidon help! Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Please keep anon.

I am on the rigevidon pill, and I know that I'm allowed to take two packets back-to-back and then have my pill break after two, but is it okay to do that all the time? ...like 2 packets, break, 2 packets, break, 2 packets, break..etc? Or is the 2 packet thing only as an occasional allowance??

Obviously one part of doing that is cz is more convenient to have a period less often, but also because my boyfriend and I don't really have sex much (boo!), so I want to be 'period free' as much as possible so I don't have to turn down sex in the occasional event that he is in the mood. I'm ok with sex on period, but I know he isn't.

Thanks
Zonexi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I wouldn't do that, I'm on the same pill, I back to back on occasion but wouldn't make a habbit of it. I'd check with your doctor if you want to find out the health risks of doing that as I'm not sure on those.
Kate.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've done this every 'cycle' for over 7 years, since I first went on the pill. I've been on Microgynon 30 (which I believe is the same as Rigevidon), Yasmin and Marvelon - no problems on any. Some people find it doesn't really agree with them but I much prefer it. I take 2-3 packs in a row every time. If I could take it constantly and never have a period, I'd do it in a second.
LinzyLoo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Kate.)
I've done this every 'cycle' for over 7 years, since I first went on the pill. I've been on Microgynon 30 (which I believe is the same as Rigevidon), Yasmin and Marvelon - no problems on any. Some people find it doesn't really agree with them but I much prefer it. I take 2-3 packs in a row every time. If I could take it constantly and never have a period, I'd do it in a second.
This. When I was on Microgynon 30, which is the same as Rigevidon, I ran all my packs together and didn't have a period for over a year. All the doctors I asked at the sexual health clinic told me this was totally fine to do, and a lot of women do it. This was a few years ago. Last time I went for some pills, the doctor told me that now they generally advise running three packs together at the most, so that you have 4 periods a year. Its totallly safe, I don't know why everyone doesn't do it to be honest!
Kate.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by LinzyLoo)
This. When I was on Microgynon 30, which is the same as Rigevidon, I ran all my packs together and didn't have a period for over a year. All the doctors I asked at the sexual health clinic told me this was totally fine to do, and a lot of women do it. This was a few years ago. Last time I went for some pills, the doctor told me that now they generally advise running three packs together at the most, so that you have 4 periods a year. Its totallly safe, I don't know why everyone doesn't do it to be honest!
I wish I could run them together for a year! I usually come on around the end of the third pack anyway - if I carry on trying to take them continuously I just have spotting until I give up and have a break. I'd love to not have a period for a year.
LinzyLoo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Kate.)
I wish I could run them together for a year! I usually come on around the end of the third pack anyway - if I carry on trying to take them continuously I just have spotting until I give up and have a break. I'd love to not have a period for a year.
I'm the exact same now actually After 1 and a half years of success I came off the pill for a couple of years (long story) and ever since I started taking them again, I've never been able to run them together! Not even two packs! :confused: If I finish a pack and start the next one straight away like I used to, I just get one long continuous period for weeks until I give in and have a break, to let my body do its thing. So annoying coz it used to work perfectly! I'm on Mercilon now but I haven't tried it with this one yet, but I assume it will be the same story. It worked when I was 18, I don't get what changed...
H0lli3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
can I take 3 packs of rigevidon back to back and then have a break as a one off occasion as I am going on holiday and want to avoid my period
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
18.77%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
10.03%
No I am happy with my course choice (399)
57.16%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (98)
14.04%

Watched Threads