The Student Room Group

Ommited Junior Cert Results on UCAS

[delted]
(edited 5 years ago)
Explanations like this sound much more plausible if they come from a third party. I'd recommend speaking to your referee or someone who knew you at the time of the problems who might be able to write a short letter explaining the situation from a more impartial perspective.
[deleted]
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by rollokb
Would my guidance councilor be the appropriate person? Also when we do respond (He asked to write the email with me.) what do you think the effect will be

Probably yes - although you might need to give him some more details about what happened if he wasn't closely involved at the time.

The effect is impossible to predict - your best bet is to be honest and up front and hope that Oxford find the explanation reassuring. I'd suggest making sure your guidance councillor explains things fully and also makes it plain that although these problems disrupted your study in the past that you're now in a much better place and confident that you can achieve your predictions (and are able to manage your depression should it rear its head again). ie make sure it explains the circumstances AND reassures them that the situation is unlikely to recur
It's very unlikely to occur. It was solely caused by my situation. After moving in with my dad everything cleared up. I even have the HSE's (Irish NHS) written certification of this.
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm not a depressive.
bump.

How do you think this will effect my chances.
Reply 7
Original post by rollokb
bump.

How do you think this will effect my chances.

You've had a really rough ride. I admire the way you've pulled yourself round.

In my experience, tutors are very sympathetic when there are extenuating circumstances. Ask your guidance councillor to write a letter to the college explaining the circumstances, and noting that these are now resolved. Tutors will want to see evidence that you really are better than your Junior Cert results suggest: it's up to you to provide that evidence in the test and interviews. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending