Turn on thread page Beta

Afraid od not meeting you University offer..me too!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer from Notts to read Economics (AAA-AABB). My fear is that i will get AABC.
    I am studying Maths(C), Geography (A), Economics(A), Biology(B).
    I got my January results for Geog and Maths and they weren't pretty.
    What shall I do, focus on getting 3 A's (I feel i can get one in Biology too) and neglect maths (a bit) or just go for all four?
    Any of you guys in the same situation?

Oh yeh Bath is my insurance (not final decision yet though). They offered AAB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B.H.Smith)
    I have an offer from Notts to read Economics (AAA-AABB). My fear is that i will get AABC.
    What shall I do, focus on getting 3 A's (I feel i can get one in Biology too) and neglect maths (a bit) or just go for all four?

I have an offer from UCL for Economics that asks for AAA, so I have no choice, I'm confident I can get an A in Maths and an A in physics but Economics is looking a bit shakey at the moment (oh the irony).

ReputationRep:

I'm pretty sure that everyone will be worried about not making the grades....except for my mate maybe who has a 2C offer from Bristol!!!! Lucky beggar!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    It seems absolutely inconceivable that I could ever make my offer right now. But it hasn't dispirited me, I'm still making slow progress, I just have to put everything into it.

ReputationRep:
    Im not quite as clever as u guys, ive been offered BBB for business economics at exeter, but i decided im gonna start revision early(next few weeks) and put loads of effort in and hope i make them!

ReputationRep:
    I'm a little bit worried about mine - AABb for English Lit. at Warwick.

My predicted grades are AAA (already have an 'A' in AS geography - so why are they asking for a B?? :rolleyes: ) but I know my actual grades could be anything from ABB to AAA - I'm confident of an A in English but History and Maths could go either way.

But I reckon if I put some effort in over the next three months, I should be OK

ReputationRep:

Hey, I'm going to be on your course!!
    Don't worry, just put in the extra work.
    I have heard that edexcel have been very harsh, though I'm happy with my grades.
    Anyone do history? A friend of mine goes to one of the local schools, and he said most people did not get above a grade D in History. A guy who was accepted by Cambridge did badly, he go a U.
    Just thank your lucky stars you're not a historian.

(Original post by WilliamFoster)
    Hey, I'm going to be on your course!!
    Don't worry, just put in the extra work.
    I have heard that edexcel have been very harsh, though I'm happy with my grades.
    Anyone do history? A friend of mine goes to one of the local schools, and he said most people did not get above a grade D in History. A guy who was accepted by Cambridge did badly, he go a U.
    Just thank your lucky stars you're not a historian.
    No...thank my lucky stars I do History but my offers don't include it !!!

ReputationRep:
    The history results from Edexcel have been completely screwed up at both of the campuses at our college. No-one got an A, one person got a B, everyone else got less than a C (the majority being Ds, Es and Us).

I personally got a U. This seems bizarre as, without wishing to sound like a git, Ive never managed to get a U EVER in an exam, mock, coursework, test, homework, etc, etc. I got all A's in my AS's and I got full marks in both my history courseworks, so to get a U seems strange to say the least. Everyone who is predicted an A got a U or an E (including a couple who've got Oxbridge offers), and one guy who is predicted a D got the highest mark in the class (a B). Im still on an average of 77% across all modules though, so Im not too upset.

Edexcel have f*cked up like this too often (remember the marked down english papers 2 years ago, or the unanswerable pure maths question?!?). This is a very pressured and sensitive time for many students and Edexcel appear not to give a stuff. Thats why our Students Union is planning to boycott them.

Has this happened to anyone else??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    The history results from Edexcel have been completely screwed up at both of the campuses at our college. No-one got an A, one person got a B, everyone else got less than a C (the majority being Ds, Es and Us).

I personally got a U. This seems bizarre as, without wishing to sound like a git, Ive never managed to get a U EVER in an exam, mock, coursework, test, homework, etc, etc. I got all A's in my AS's and I got full marks in both my history courseworks, so to get a U seems strange to say the least. Everyone who is predicted an A got a U or an E (including a couple who've got Oxbridge offers), and one guy who is predicted a D got the highest mark in the class (a B). Im still on an average of 77% across all modules though, so Im not too upset.

Edexcel have f*cked up like this too often (remember the marked down english papers 2 years ago, or the unanswerable pure maths question?!?). This is a very pressured and sensitive time for many students and Edexcel appear not to give a stuff. Thats why our Students Union is planning to boycott them.
    Not as such but I sat a systems annaylsis exam by Exexcel which was the hardest exam in my life, I got a B and apparantly got the second highest UMS score in the country. A month later it was in the daily mail that the exams were too hard so hard to be made easier, the next year the exam was made so much easier so I could have got easily got an A. I didn't bother resisiting though because it would have meant a lot of extra work. I got 79 points anyway which was only 1 of an A.
    Not as such but I sat a systems annaylsis exam by Exexcel which was the hardest exam in my life, I got a B and apparantly got the second highest UMS score in the country. A month later it was in the daily mail that the exams were too hard so hard to be made easier, the next year the exam was made so much easier so I could have got easily got an A. I didn't bother resisiting though because it would have meant a lot of extra work. I got 79 points anyway which was only 1 of an A.

ReputationRep:
    i know i wont get the grades to do English at Nottingham Trent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sillynarb2)
    i know i wont get the grades to do English at Nottingham Trent
    Argh well as longs as you don't end up at TVU or Paisley you do ok where ever you go. Its what do you at university than counts the most, not what university you go to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Argh well as longs as you don't end up at TVU or Paisley you do ok where ever you go. Its what do you at university than counts the most, not what university you go to.
    yeah i guess so, really liked the look of Trent though

hopefuly i can blag it in somehow

ReputationRep:
    I'm terribly worried about meeting my offer for Notts too: IB 35 points..this means to be safe I need to get 6 in 5 subjects and a 5 in 1......noooooooooo. I can rely on getting points from the ext. essay and tok so...*weeps*.

ReputationRep:
    Erm not toooo worried about mine as I was expecting AAA or AAB at lowest (got ABB for LSE - maths & eco), and since I already have an A in Maths, it shouldnt be too much of a problem.

But obviously still gonna try my best, just cos I only NEED ABB, doesnt mean I wont try as hard (well maybe not as hard in physics )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leeroy)
    Erm not toooo worried about mine as I was expecting AAA or AAB at lowest (got ABB for LSE - maths & eco), and since I already have an A in Maths, it shouldnt be too much of a problem.

But obviously still gonna try my best, just cos I only NEED ABB, doesnt mean I wont try as hard (well maybe not as hard in physics )
    lucky ass

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel is just wierd... Last year my friend who dropped 3 marks over the whole of AS Geography got a D in the synoptic paper. I got an A for AS, and got a D in that paper too. People only seemed to get A's and D's from our college for it, crazy. The stress that caused me in doing a retake for June as I had to get an A overall for A level to meet my offer! Never trust Edexcel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I got a B and apparantly got the second highest UMS score in the country.
    How does that work. If you got the 2nd highest UMS score in the country, you HAD TO GET AN A. That's the whole point of UMS marks. They get scaled up and down when exams and harder or easier.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know whether universities that havent given a reply yet get to see the January module exam results that we get on Thurs??

Officially, theyre probably not supposed to, but unofficially, well, I dunno?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yannis)
    How does that work. If you got the 2nd highest UMS score in the country, you HAD TO GET AN A. That's the whole point of UMS marks. They get scaled up and down when exams and harder or easier.
    Unless there were only 3 people taking the exam!

Ben

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.