Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me a website where i can compare the results of Uni's for business economics? Mainly im looking for Reading and Exeter. But i cant find the past results anywhere.....

Thx for the help

Andy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andydp17)
    Can anyone tell me a website where i can compare the results of Uni's for business economics? Mainly im looking for Reading and Exeter. But i cant find the past results anywhere.....

Thx for the help

Andy
    What do you mean? Their is league tables but you can't really make a direct comparison between universities. The best thing is to go off the teaching score but the methods of recording these are not reliable.

ReputationRep:
    i mean eg. what percentage got first, 2.1 and 2.2's?

Also where can i find the league tables and teaching scores?

ReputationRep:

Thx for the help

Andy
    In general:

Las year 74% of Exeter students gained a 2:1 or a 1st. 64% for the same at Reading.

ReputationRep:
    i mean eg. what percentage got first, 2.1 and 2.2's?

Also where can i find the league tables and teaching scores?
    To be honest the amount that gets 2:1 is completely irelevent as this can be fixed as the university award the degrees and not the examing boards. For example if some where like TVU had 80% pass rate at 2:1 I would be highly suspicious. I would say things like teaching, job prespects, a level points (gives an indication of quality of candidate) are moe important.

anyway here are the most common ones

http://education.guardian.co.uk/univ...956807,00.html

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/section/0,,716,00.html

there is the sunday times too but they have redesigned their website and I can't find it.

ReputationRep:
    Look on the university profiles of the Sunday Times Universities section:

http://www.sundaytimes.co.uk

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.