Is it safe to put a frozen pizza in the fridge?

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
Insecurities
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I need to put a frozen pizza in the fridge, to use in several days time.

There isn't enough space in the freezer for it.

I buy frozen pizzas because they are cheaper than fresh.

Is it safe to do this?
russellsteapot
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 years ago
Probably. This is the sort of thing that I'd do myself but never recommend to others just incase they become ill from it.

It depends what's on it and how cold the fridge is, and how long you're keeping it for. And as long as you have a good eye/nose for telling if something's safe to eat.
Insecurities
Rep:
(Original post by russellsteapot)
Probably. This is the sort of thing that I'd do myself but never recommend to others just incase they become ill from it.

It depends what's on it and how cold the fridge is, and how long you're keeping it for. And as long as you have a good eye/nose for telling if something's safe to eat.
there is meat on it. no idea how cold the fridge is (standard temperature i assume?). keeping it for 2-4 days.
jeddows
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
Check on the packaging. For most, I think that you can store them in the fridge for a few days (4 might be pushing it though?), but they may not taste as good as if you'd cooked them from frozen :/
.Scout.
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
I do this as I don't own a freezer and I haven't died or gotten ill...yet.
Insecurities
Rep:
(Original post by .Scout.)
I do this as I don't own a freezer and I haven't died or gotten ill...yet.
ok. do you have meat on your pizzas?
Tycho
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
Extremely dangerous! You might start a salami chain reaction which will send your house into total meltdown.
.Scout.
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Insecurities)
ok. do you have meat on your pizzas?
Not usually. As long as you keep the pizza in the frigde and it the meat doesn't smell funny/look discoloured then you should be fine.
jamboogy
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
Make your own - it's not exactly difficult and it's pretty fun.
OMG TOOTHBRUSH
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
No it isn't safe. I did it once and my house caught fire.
ellieHA
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
Several days time = no
A few days time = yes

Besides it could take 24 hours to defrost in the first place (assume it's already frozen?)

I tihnk it might be safe to keep it in the fridge for a few days, cook it, then keep it in the fridge some more and reheat it BUT YOU SHOULD LOOK THIS UP FIRST because i'm really not sure enough to say definitely do it and you won't get ill
mangoh
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ellieHA)
Several days time = no
A few days time = yes

Besides it could take 24 hours to defrost in the first place (assume it's already frozen?)

I tihnk it might be safe to keep it in the fridge for a few days, cook it, then keep it in the fridge some more and reheat it BUT YOU SHOULD LOOK THIS UP FIRST because i'm really not sure enough to say definitely do it and you won't get ill
lol a few days is the same as several days.

Am I missing something here?
ellieHA
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by mangoh)
lol a few days is the same as several days.

Am I missing something here?
Several to me implies 5/6/7+
A few to me means 3
mangoh
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
Several to me implies 5/6/7+
A few to me means 3
LOL! You can't change the definition of a word to suit yourself.

A few = 3
Several = More than 3 but less than 5
ellieHA
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
LOL! You can't change the definition of a word to suit yourself.

A few = 3
Several = More than 3 but less than 5
Oh please don't turn this into an argument... i've just always thought that several was quite a lot.

Either way I wouldn't keep it for more than 3 days. Ok?
mangoh
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
Oh please don't turn this into an argument... i've just always thought that several was quite a lot.

Either way I wouldn't keep it for more than 3 days. Ok?
we learn something new each day
Z-6H820
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
Can't see any reason why it wouldn't be fine, I'm trying to remember the food hygiene certificate I did last year... As long as you don't let it defrost THEN put it back in the freezer, there shouldn't be a problem.
mangoh
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by conway!)
Can't see any reason why it wouldn't be fine, I'm trying to remember the food hygiene certificate I did last year... As long as you don't let it defrost THEN put it back in the freezer, there shouldn't be a problem.
DO NOT re-freeze it ! Once food has defrosted it starts (although VERY slowly) to decay.
Z-6H820
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
DO NOT re-freeze it ! Once food has defrosted it starts (although VERY slowly) to decay.
That's what I said Unless I phrased it weirdly, but it's what I meant
I remember defrosting something then freezing it again was meant to be extremely bad, though I can't really remember why. Tbh most shop use-by dates are a bit pessimistic anyway - I've bought fruit on its supposed "last day" and it lasted 4 or 5 days, they're just understandably covering themselves in case somebody gets food poisoning.
mangoh
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by conway!)
That's what I said Unless I phrased it weirdly, but it's what I meant
I remember defrosting something then freezing it again was meant to be extremely bad, though I can't really remember why. Tbh most shop use-by dates are a bit pessimistic anyway - I've bought fruit on its supposed "last day" and it lasted 4 or 5 days, they're just understandably covering themselves in case somebody gets food poisoning.
You were "trying to remember" so I reminded you.

It's on the house.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (7)
41.18%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (4)
23.53%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
11.76%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (0)
0%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
17.65%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
5.88%

Watched Threads