The Student Room Group

If you could do any degree what would you do and why?

Just a question to all you TSRians! (:

I would do a social work, sports, criminology, psychology, sociology and neuroscience degree! (: because I'm interested in all those areas. I'd possibly add a medicine/nursing element too!

Being realistic I'd love to do medicine at Cambridge or Oxford, but instead I'm hopefully going to do a Social Work degree (maybe with nursing, I'm indecided) and then going to do a graduate entry to Medicine course. (:

What about you guys?
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Law, would love to become a lawyer, shame it won't happen
Doing History and I love it, but I would be really interested in doing Medicine as well, as it's something I've always been really interested in.
(edited 11 years ago)
I'd kill to be doing a fine art course tbh :') Ah well. I'm looking forward to Economics too so could be worse!
Reply 4
Veterinary Medicine :frown: If only it didn't require amazing grades!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPod app
marine biology/oceanography . . . my grades aren't good enough so I have to go for environmental science :moon:
maths at cambridge
Reply 7
Avionic Engineering

However, no prior qualifications and doing an access to HE: science course now... so grades/background isn't good enough. Settling for forensic science, but hoping to change to something chemistry focused.

Failing that, my choice at the open university + doing jobs I enjoy, regardless of pay.
Reply 8
Did Law but would like to do a degree a degree in Xbox360 and pints of beer.
Reply 9
I would do the degree I'm doing, but without being forced to take core modules.
Original post by sophieleannexo
Just a question to all you TSRians! (:

I would do a social work, sports, criminology and neuroscience degree! (: because I'm interested in all those areas. I'd possibly add a medicine/nursing element too!

What about you guys?

I'd do a:

super duper English Literature, Classics, History, Spanish, Medicine, Film Studies, Drama degree...with a minor in Harry Potter studies. :biggrin:
Reply 11
Computer science
Reply 12
I wish I had done philosophy at university.
Reply 13
Chemistry at Oxford.
Reply 14
Philosophy and psychology, maybe with some politics thrown in.
Well, I would like i if they just accepted me onto my vetmed course...

But if it were possible, I'd do one in veterinary medicine with human medicine.... or skiing :L
The degree I am doing right now...Nursing :tongue: Learn loads, room for career progression couldn't imagine myself doing anything else.
Reply 17
I love history but I think philosophy or politics would be interesting. I like law but I think the technicalities would get very boring very fast. Other than that, maybe something like nuclear physics or molecular biology so that I could actually use all that equipment I'm paying for? :rolleyes:
Medicine
Original post by Jainz
I'd kill to be doing a fine art course tbh :') Ah well. I'm looking forward to Economics too so could be worse!

I'm looking forward to Econonomics too! would've liked to do computer science if I didn't find some aspects of the course boring :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending