The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Offers from UWE, Bristol!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by phoebe230253
Do you know about their architecture course at all ??
Also is UWE a campus uni or city uni? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

UWE is a campus uni (it has 5) - one in Gloucester (Hartpury) and 4 in Bristol (Frenchay, St Matts, Glenslide & bower Ashton) - Frenchay is the main one and is where at architecture is taught.

I don't anything about architecture sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Original post by Jack22031994
UWE is a campus uni (it has 5) - one in Gloucester (Hartpury) and 4 in Bristol (Frenchay, St Matts, Glenslide & bower Ashton) - Frenchay is the main one and is where at architecture is taught.

I don't anything about architecture sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! That's good :smile:!
Ah dw !!

Also is the living cost quite high? I heard that it is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by phoebe230253
Thank you! That's good :smile:!
Ah dw !!

Also is the living cost quite high? I heard that it is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Student Village is most exspensive to live in (all rent costs are on uwes website) . Of course depends on the size of your loan - I find shopping online is cheaper than going to the sainsburys near by but it is quite high but so is anywhere else as a student

Hope that helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 43
Anyone applied for digital media course? I received a conditional last month

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied to do Midwifery this September 2013 at uwe I got asked to do a biographical questionare back in dec 2012 of which I did and its now feb and I haven't heard a thing!! Some people I know have heard a few weeks ago they haven't got in I'm still waiting. Does anybody have any ideas on how long it normally takes or is it not looking good? Thank you :-)
Just got an offer for Architecture! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
I am a first year student at UWE if anyone wants to ask any questions

Hello!! Have you heard anything about the BA in Criminology and Law in the UWE? Or do you know anyone doing it?

Maybe you could help me to understand this better. It is said on the website that the credits are 120 per year (60 in criminology and 60 in law) but in the description provided on the website, I can only see 60 credits. This is the link: http://courses.uwe.ac.uk/MM19/2013#coursecontent
Reply 47
how long do they reply? they still havent replied for me its nearly a month i keep thinking negative
Original post by Laila1234
how long do they reply? they still havent replied for me its nearly a month i keep thinking negative

Don't worry - remember they have to give you are reply - plus you dont have to make any decisions untilall unis haven got back to you

if you have any questions in the meantime about UWE ask away - I am a first year uwe student
Reply 49
Don't worry - remember they have to give you are reply - plus you dont have to make any decisions untilall unis haven got back to you

if you have any questions in the meantime about UWE ask away - I am a first year uwe student

What accommodation would you suggest jack? Im coming in september to do computer science and am leaning towards student village but it is expensive! How are you finding UWE?
Original post by Aiden1993
What accommodation would you suggest jack? Im coming in september to do computer science and am leaning towards student village but it is expensive! How are you finding UWE?

I'm loving uwe and live in Carroll Court

Thing of these
How big is your loan going to be? - does an en suite really matter?
Would you like a bath now and again ?- Carroll court have a bath and shower(2 separate rooms)

I would say if your loan covers the SV go for it but if it does go for CC as CC is fun

Hope that helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 51
Im also waiting for their reply.. making me anxious because i really want to go to bristol UWE. I applied for criminology at the start of Nov. and still got no reply.
Original post by Ak47_21
Im also waiting for their reply.. making me anxious because i really want to go to bristol UWE. I applied for criminology at the start of Nov. and still got no reply.

Don't worry! No news Is good news :smile: Also remember the ucas deadline is in January. I went to to UWE (2012-2015) based st frenchay and now I'm doing my MA at UWE but just at Bower Ashton.
I'll happily answer any queries etc about UWE and/or Bristol. This thread however was from 2013 applicants.
Reply 53
Original post by LittleMiss94
Just wondering if anyone has any offers from uwe? And if so how long they took roughly?
I received login to my welcome portal online, but they haven't made a decision abomut me yet!
Ahhh!
Anyone in the same boat?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I can now say that i got in! after like a month on waiting haha
Original post by Ak47_21
I can now say that i got in! after like a month on waiting haha

Congrats :woo:
Reply 55
I got an offer on the 8th to do maths, with an offer of 120 points, I'm probs going to make uwe my firm but i haven't decided yet. Anyone else applied to do maths?
Original post by ezzzi.h
I got an offer on the 8th to do maths, with an offer of 120 points, I'm probs going to make uwe my firm but i haven't decided yet. Anyone else applied to do maths?

Congrats :woo: :smile:

I haven't but can answer any questions about UWE and/or Bristol :smile:

I did my BA there and now doing my MA there :smile:
Reply 57
Congrats :woo: :smile:

I haven't but can answer any questions about UWE and/or Bristol :smile:

I did my BA there and now doing my MA there :smile:

ooh thank you! just one question for now, after first year did you live in the town and how expensive would you say it was? I'm probably going to rent a little flat for myself after first year and i'm just wondering
Original post by ezzzi.h
ooh thank you! just one question for now, after first year did you live in the town and how expensive would you say it was? I'm probably going to rent a little flat for myself after first year and i'm just wondering

No problem :smile:

In my second year I lived in St Andrews which is just off Gloucester Road - it's not in the city centre but the bus to uni and town stopped outside my house! It was £360 inc all bills (it was a 10 bedroom house though)

Third year was £395 in a 3 bed flat in Redland (which is quite posh) - no bills included.

There are cheaper areas though and more expensive :smile: there's a good choice really!

Hope that helps :smile: I can answer anything else if you think if anything :smile:
Reply 59
No problem :smile:

In my second year I lived in St Andrews which is just off Gloucester Road - it's not in the city centre but the bus to uni and town stopped outside my house! It was £360 inc all bills (it was a 10 bedroom house though)

Third year was £395 in a 3 bed flat in Redland (which is quite posh) - no bills included.

There are cheaper areas though and more expensive :smile: there's a good choice really!

Hope that helps :smile: I can answer anything else if you think if anything :smile:

thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending