Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi, i am interested in applying to study architecture at cambridge. does anybody have any statistics with regards to this subject and the most logical colleges to apply for in the hope of getting a place?

which colleges are more subscribed than others? are there any that favour subjects like this over other subjects? in fact does anyone have a link to statistics regarding the most applied to colleges?

also, does making an open application, ie not applying to a specific college reflect badly on you? does it limit your chances of getting a place in any way?

ReputationRep:
    Look in the prospectus- it's all there.

ReputationRep:
    i did have a look in the prospectus and although it outlines all of the colleges i cannot find statistics relating to their popularity.
    i believe this was available in the 2004 prospectus but is no longer in the 2005, which is the copy i have.
    i am more interested in the idea of open applications, and any advice people have about whether this is a good idea. i dont particularly have any preference about which college i apply to, though i havent looked round any of them yet..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lookintomyeyes)
    i did have a look in the prospectus and although it outlines all of the colleges i cannot find statistics relating to their popularity.
    i believe this was available in the 2004 prospectus but is no longer in the 2005, which is the copy i have.
    i am more interested in the idea of open applications, and any advice people have about whether this is a good idea. i dont particularly have any preference about which college i apply to, though i havent looked round any of them yet..
    How did you get the 2005 prospectus, I thought it wasn't available yet?

ReputationRep:
    picked it up from manchester g-mex on friday, there was a university day there with representatives from all of the universities, and stalls.

ReputationRep:
    The 2004 Cam prospectus is still online, so you can get hold of the college popularity info from that. As regards making an open application, it sounds like a good idea on the surface, but one thing I'd be wary of is that you could be allocated a college which doesn't have many apps for architecture, but which is very oversubscribed for many other subjects. Thus the overall competition to get into that college will be very intense, and if it came down to a choice between you and say an English applicant, you could be rejected in favour of them.

Do you have any plans to take Maths to a higher level, as I would have thought good mathematical ability would be useful for architecture?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oldthrashbarg)
    How did you get the 2005 prospectus, I thought it wasn't available yet?
    I think it's just come out.

ReputationRep:
    i recently got into trinity hall for architecture... but i think that they only take one applicant a year...from what i've heard it's good for architecture as it has a practicing architect as the tutor... ! + a m8 got into peterhouse for architecture... dunno bout others...

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.