can you do medicine after a degree in pharmacy?

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
asaaal
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
well, i really enjoy the clinical side of pharmacy so i was just wondering if i ever wanted to do medicine after this would it be possible as they are completely different. I really enjoy my course as i find drugs effects on the human body and vice versa very interesting but i also enjoy the diagnosis which we do (which you would do more of in medicine)

would it be possible?
subjectman10
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 years ago
Good for you... if you feel it's suitable for you
sure, go for it
fallenangel
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
The 4 year grad programme at my med school has quite a few pharmacists
asaaal
Rep:
(Original post by fallenangel)
The 4 year grad programme at my med school has quite a few pharmacists
oh thats cool, did they get a first or a 2:1 (if you happen to know) do you know anythign about them like what school of pharmacy they came from?
fallenangel
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
I'm friends with three of them, one got a 1st from De Montfort. The other two got 2.1's from Bradford and Liverpool John Moores.

Hope that helps
Spencer Wells
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
My other half has a 2:1 MPharm from Bath and is currently a graduate-entry medic.
Ama2007
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by asaaal)
well, i really enjoy the clinical side of pharmacy so i was just wondering if i ever wanted to do medicine after this would it be possible as they are completely different. I really enjoy my course as i find drugs effects on the human body and vice versa very interesting but i also enjoy the diagnosis which we do (which you would do more of in medicine)

would it be possible?
What year are you in now? If you want to apply for medicine, then go for it! but i would advise you to do it after your pre-reg because i think it gives you the advantage of having worked full time in the healthcare. But its up to you.

If you do the pre-reg you can talk about it in your PS and stuff.
ScoobyB4
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
It surely is a long route into the GEM but sure why not?
asaaal
Rep:
cool, thanks guys x
unkonown_123
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
would you have to do the full time of the medicine degree after pharmacy or would it be shortened if that makes sense
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Please make a new thread, instead of reviving one that's 6 years old.

I noted you already did.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (67)
66.34%
No (26)
25.74%
I didn't use it to prepare (8)
7.92%

Watched Threads