Turn on thread page Beta

GCSE Options, what is best? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi!`I have got to choose my GSCE options soon and was wondering what people think about GCSE P.E, and History. Is PE not very respected, is it hard to achieve good grades in PE.

ReputationRep:
    Unless you want to do sports science, Pe is not very respected. An essay based subject would be better ie History, from your choice of the 2 subjects

ReputationRep:
    I would deffinatly reccomend Media studies as its enjoyable, and is mainly essay based, making it easier for you to gain a decent grade in that subject. sports studies how ever is extremley difficult and relys mainly on a pheory based course and exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrV)
    I would deffinatly reccomend Media studies as its enjoyable, and is mainly essay based, making it easier for you to gain a decent grade in that subject. sports studies how ever is extremley difficult and relys mainly on a pheory based course and exam.
    Media studies is a joke. It is way too easy and regarded by employers as a very soft subject. It s enjoyable though. My friend got E's in everything apart from Media Studies where he got a*!

HISTORY IS BRILLIANT!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Littlemisspest)
    Hi!`I have got to choose my GSCE options soon and was wondering what people think about GCSE P.E, and History. Is PE not very respected, is it hard to achieve good grades in PE.
    History is far more respected than PE,although i understand PE is not easy.But i would choose History everytime as its for more interesting in my opinion.Dont pick anything mickey mouse like media though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by courtyboy02)
    Media studies is a joke. It is way too easy and regarded by employers as a very soft subject. It s enjoyable though. My friend got E's in everything apart from Media Studies where he got a*!

HISTORY IS BRILLIANT!

Media studies isn't a joke... if your friend got E's in everything I presume that he did no coursework or if he did it was of poor standard, but he must have done all the coursework for Media and got A*'s in it which is unlikely if he didn't bother with coursework for other subjects...

ReputationRep:
    i didnt know media was a gcse subject
    again tho, it does sound a bit pointless

i wouldnt go for PE either, if i were running a college or something i wud toss the PE grade aside unless the person was looking to do biology or something similar
    although its quite thoeretical, it would make more sense to take a double award science in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    Media studies isn't a joke... if your friend got E's in everything I presume that he did no coursework or if he did it was of poor standard, but he must have done all the coursework for Media and got A*'s in it which is unlikely if he didn't bother with coursework for other subjects...
    No he is very thick. It's just that media sudies is very very easy!

ReputationRep:
    No he is very thick. It's just that media sudies is very very easy!
    so he did all the coursework then and got A*'s for all of them and then he made a practical production worthy of an A* with audience research; questionaires and graphs and an analysis, found the codes and conventions through exisiting media products, and had an amazing supporting account, and then he did lots of revision and research into his exam question paper and got an A* in that! wow and 'he is very thick' what am I then? Because I seriously doubt I'll get an A*...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    so he did all the coursework then and got A*'s for all of them and then he made a practical production worthy of an A* with audience research; questionaires and graphs and an analysis, found the codes and conventions through exisiting media products, and had an amazing supporting account, and then he did lots of revision and research into his exam question paper and got an A* in that! wow and 'he is very thick' what am I then? Because I seriously doubt I'll get an A*...
    THICKER!!!!!!

Sorry to insult u but i feel strongly about it. There r so many student with med studies gcse that employers get fed up wen they see some1 with it. They want things like maths, science, english etc.

ReputationRep:
    THICKER!!!!!!

Sorry to insult u but i feel strongly about it. There r so many student with med studies gcse that employers get fed up wen they see some1 with it. They want things like maths, science, english etc.
    so your calling me thicker than someone who got basically all E's in their GCSE's... I'm sure it was only yesterday I was helping you out about how to revise for your Science exam, nice way to thank someone Of course people will have maths, science, english etc because they're compulsary (sp). And by the way I'm predicted an A* in maths, statistics, science and art and mostly A's for the rest of them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    so your calling me thicker than someone who got basically all E's in their GCSE's... I'm sure it was only yesterday I was helping you out about how to revise for your Science exam, nice way to thank someone Of course people will have maths, science, english etc because they're compulsary (sp). And by the way I'm predicted an A* in maths, statistics, science and art and mostly A's for the rest of them...
    LOOK i'm sorry. It was my mum's funeral yesterday and i'm a bit upset. Sorry if i took it out on u

ReputationRep:
    Really depends on what you want to do in the future and what you want to take for A-Level. I took History and achieved a B, because I have an interest in it and would maybe do something with historical studies in the future. As a previous poster said, unless you want to go into Sports Science for a career or A-level. I would advise you not to do it....Your options really depend on what you want to do...

If you still do not know, try talking with your teachers or with your careers adviser, they should be able to help.

ReputationRep:
    If you want to do any sort of job involving PE it's good, if not it's usles. but u can't change u mind if u want to do it for A level. History is boring i think. but if ur happy and like it's good. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    is classic civilisation a good gcse

ReputationRep:
    heya!
    media is not a joke, it seems quite hard and people who say that haven't taken media to see what it is like!!!!unreliable, lol!!!!
    history is more repected than p.e, but i think u should be allowed to ar least take one subject u enjoy (guessing that u enjoy p.e) and it could be useful when u r older!! history=lots of essays, if u can take it that then do it!!! do what u want but also think of the future because some people don't and then they are in trouble!!
    hope i have helped!!
    jo

ReputationRep:
    History=V good and respected etc.
    PE: Dunno, I loathe PE, good if you want to do sport.
    Media Studies: No idea my school don't offer it until A level.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.