Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    Where would you download this apprentice, as I would like to see what it is like. Does it have all the up-to-date cards on it, as my deck has both old and new editions.

My school also doesn't play using the tournament rules, we use a variety of rules, we have even had some 500 point games.
    Well the site doesn't seem to work at the moment, and i haven't got an updated copy of it (and the one i do have doesn't work right now).

It should be http://www.dragonstudios.com/apprentice/
    And you can update cards on there if you want as well.

And you can set the rules pretty much to what you want as well.

I know what you mean, i've played with stuff like an automatic Crumbling sanctuary (damage off top of decks), and discarding cards to pay for mana cost and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of having a game which had a weapons side deck, but then you would have to have a lot of equipment, which most people don't, although I do have some good weapons.

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of having a game which had a weapons side deck, but then you would have to have a lot of equipment, which most people don't, although I do have some good weapons.
    Hmm... thats an okay idea, but alot of people don't have a large collection of weapons, as you've said.
    Most of my cards are back in the end of the urza set.
    But having more than one deck is something i've tried.
    I had one deck for lands and another for the rest of the cards. It stops people being mana screwed, but also from having way too much mana.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    Hmm... thats an okay idea, but alot of people don't have a large collection of weapons, as you've said.
    Most of my cards are back in the end of the urza set.
    But having more than one deck is something i've tried.
    I had one deck for lands and another for the rest of the cards. It stops people being mana screwed, but also from having way too much mana.
    I thought of that, but that idea could be abused, I was thinking along the sam lines, but if you take a land you cannot do anything other than playing the land down. that would mean the playing of land would have to be more strategic.

ReputationRep:
    I thought of that, but that idea could be abused, I was thinking along the sam lines, but if you take a land you cannot do anything other than playing the land down. that would mean the playing of land would have to be more strategic.
    But you'd still have a starting hand and stuff.
    And it would be the players choice, so the game would be more open, and the bigger cards would probably get a little play.

ReputationRep:
    The problem is that some people, like me, have some very powerful cards like the alter of shadows and worldslayer, which can really tip the game and if you have an artifact deck, cards like darksteel forge will make you effectively unbeatable.

I reckon a points system could be introduced, with the more powerful cards costing more points, a bit like in warhammer.

ReputationRep:
    The problem is that some people, like me, have some very powerful cards like the alter of shadows and worldslayer, which can really tip the game and if you have an artifact deck, cards like darksteel forge will make you effectively unbeatable.

I reckon a points system could be introduced, with the more powerful cards costing more points, a bit like in warhammer.
    Yeah, i know what you mean.
    Its hard to get a balence sometimes.
    Thats why its important to playtest new rules idea's.
    The one where you discard cards to pay cost's was good, and an action limit for drawing and playing and stuff had to be put in, to speed up and balence the game.
    But there were always cards that didn't fit the rules, such as (i can't remember its name), but you gain life points for discarding cards, and also, there was the issue how life points were gained in the first place.
    I think its possible maybe, but it would be hard to do, and maybe change the dynamics of the game too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    Yeah, i know what you mean.
    Its hard to get a balence sometimes.
    Thats why its important to playtest new rules idea's.
    The one where you discard cards to pay cost's was good, and an action limit for drawing and playing and stuff had to be put in, to speed up and balence the game.
    But there were always cards that didn't fit the rules, such as (i can't remember its name), but you gain life points for discarding cards, and also, there was the issue how life points were gained in the first place.
    I think its possible maybe, but it would be hard to do, and maybe change the dynamics of the game too much.
    I admit that there are cards that seem very unfair, trail of indurance for instance, if you get 2.5 times your life points, you win the game, then there is phage the untouchable, which will destroy and creature of player it deals damage to, so if you cannot block, you die.

ReputationRep:
    I admit that there are cards that seem very unfair, trail of indurance for instance, if you get 2.5 times your life points, you win the game, then there is phage the untouchable, which will destroy and creature of player it deals damage to, so if you cannot block, you die.
    Exactly.
    But usually big cards have big mana costs to match.
    And its more fun when you win despite your opponent using them.

ReputationRep:
    I was playing a game today, and I was got down to 4 and my opponent was on 100 (we started on 100), and I managed to come back and almost win. Fair enough we did both have darksteel forge out (all artifacts are indestructable) and we had some very hard-hitting creatures, (I had one that was doing 20 damage at the end of the game, and he had one which, before I got rid of it, could do 45 damage)
    it was the best game I've had in ages.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.