The Student Room Group

Restorative Justice showing up on CRB?

A few days ago, I was in one of the worst mistakes of my life. My friends and I were walking to a local bar and I was quite drunk. One of my mates had the brilliant Idea of placing a pair of shoes on the mouth of a bin and I accidently knocked a shoe into the bin. We thought it would be a brilliant idea to tip the bin over and try and get it out.

The police came at this point and we were arrested for "criminal damage" Thankfully they understood that it was just Uni students being uni students and it was a drunk mistake and it was unlikely to ever happen again. We got given something that's even more mild than a warning which is called "Restorative Justice" which is where you can make amends with the victim which in this case was the council, apologise and pay a small fine which was £35 each.

We don't get a criminal record, it doesn't show up on our standard CRB check which the officer phrased it "Like nothing ever happened." However currently I'm studying biomedical science and planning to study post grad medicine with the intention of getting a job as a GP,and the officer said that it might come up in my enhanced CRB check but can explain that it was just a drunken mistake and it should be fine.

I've been absolutely worried sick since that day looking at sources online that say a restorative justice does not appear on a enhanced CRB but other sources saying it might and I don't have a definitive answer yet.

I'm terrified this will have an affect when I apply for medicine and for future jobs I will apply for. It makes it sound so much bad when it says I was involved in "Criminal Damage" when in reality I was just really drunk and tipped a bin over with my mate.

Has anyone else been through this or can give me any advice?
Did this ever affect your application to medicine? Im
In the same shoes and i havent a clue what im going to do!
Reply 2
Go and see a solicitor, a lot of them have a scheme for free half hour consultation, they can tell you want the law on disclosure is now but obviously, this area of law can change in the future.
Original post by Maker
Go and see a solicitor, a lot of them have a scheme for free half hour consultation, they can tell you want the law on disclosure is now but obviously, this area of law can change in the future.

Or better still go and see the citiziens advice bearue.

Nobody is going to get banned from doing g medicine for that. The crb check is to make sure you're not a drug addled, wife beating, cleptomaniac child molester.
Did you ever find out if it shows up on an enhanced CRB?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending