The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Mollymod
That's what I mean by failure too XD Lots of people here are like "I failed.. I got a B :frown:" and I completely admire people for having high ambitions and for being marvellously intelligent, fair play to them. But then there's people like me that worked their bums off and got under 40% in Unit 2 :biggrin: But my attitude has changed, I've taken the challenge in my stride and I'm ready to resit it in January. My Unit 4 mocks have been alright too, so the road only goes upwards from here guys! Good luck for your Unit 5's, I'll be doing this for the first time in June. And I guess the last time, because of the removal of January resits.

I know all I need is a B overall but it's so hard I got a C but quite a few marks off a B :/ let me know how unit 2 goes xx
Reply 61
Original post by betsickles
Anyone resitting on their gap year, has your candidate number changed? My uci number is the same but my candidate number has changed? Will this effect being able to replace exams with resit results ? Hope you can help

As long as your UCI (Unique Candidate Identifier) is the same, you have nothing to worry about.

Your candidate number usually/always changes and Centre number is fixed for a school/exam centre and won't change unless you go somewhere else.
Reply 62
Original post by Warlord
Not really. I had to do all my as levels and a2s in june. Although it is harder. Getting 2 chances is nicer I guess.

2 chances are better than one chance -_-
Wat other subjects r u doing?
Reply 63
Anyone resitting on their gap year, has your candidate number changed? My uci number is the same but my candidate number has changed? Will this effect being able to replace exams with resit results ? Hope you can help

No matter, uci is the only important one, cand number can be anything. You seem to be in a similar position, wat % do you need for an A?
Reply 64
I know all I need is a B overall but it's so hard I got a C but quite a few marks off a B :/ let me know how unit 2 goes xx

Sure! I just got an offer from my firm, BCC including Chemistry and 1 other Mathematics/Science subject at A Level! Woop! :smile:
Reply 65
Original post by Warlord
No matter, uci is the only important one, cand number can be anything. You seem to be in a similar position, wat % do you need for an A?

Definitely not aiming for an A! I need 23 marks for a B which is like a C-b in unt 5 :frown:
Reply 66
Anyone got any predictions for what's going to come up?
Reply 67
Definitely not aiming for an A! I need 23 marks for a B which is like a C-b in unt 5 :frown:

Oh damn, sorry, thought you needed an A, did not read the q properly. What wre your predictions like/ what do you need overall to get into your firm choice?
Reply 68
Anyone got any predictions for what's going to come up?

The problem with unit 5 is that it could literally be anything. I underestimated this, and though june would be all tm and redox, was basically organic. I do expect this one to be t metal heacvy, or at least 2 15 markers in section b, on redox and t metals, with some organic synoptic to come up. Section C, no bloody clue. Section A, everything, but that is expected.
Reply 69
Original post by Warlord
Oh damn, sorry, thought you needed an A, did not read the q properly. What wre your predictions like/ what do you need overall to get into your firm choice?

That's okay! I got bbc last year in bio maths and chem, aiming for abb! Which is what Surrey grade boundaries are! Haven't sent off Ucas yet, awaiting work experience. I'm hoping to get at least a b in unit 1 and and c in unit 5 to get my b! I find transition metals hard just in the way the equations when dil nh3 and hydroxide! But just practice is good :smile: just did the jan 2011 paper, thought section c was kinda hard. What about yourself and uni's x
Reply 70
Need my 103/120 for my A overall, ffs this is a tall ask man :frown:

The sound of getting an A in chemistry is impressive.

arghhhhhhh mannnn
Reply 71
Original post by James A
Need my 103/120 for my A overall, ffs this is a tall ask man :frown:

The sound of getting an A in chemistry is impressive.

arghhhhhhh mannnn

Lol, hello, thats a big change from a month ago where you said 103 should be good to go :smile:. It sounds bloody impressive doesnt it, really want it. Any qs you finding hard? How much time you spending per day on chem?
Reply 72
That's okay! I got bbc last year in bio maths and chem, aiming for abb! Which is what Surrey grade boundaries are! Haven't sent off Ucas yet, awaiting work experience. I'm hoping to get at least a b in unit 1 and and c in unit 5 to get my b! I find transition metals hard just in the way the equations when dil nh3 and hydroxide! But just practice is good :smile: just did the jan 2011 paper, thought section c was kinda hard. What about yourself and uni's x

Ah nice, your revison sounds like its going really well :smile:. I got aab last year, was only 7 marks off in chem, but warwick still said no :mad: So reapplied, taken up a2 maths too, AA prediction in both because i have already done my econ and eng lit and got the grades in them. Havent heard from unis yet lol, submitted like 2 weeks ago. I havent done any new spec paper yet lol, im way behind.

If you need any unit 5 help with qs etc, just post it, I will try my best :smile:
Reply 73
Original post by Warlord
Lol, hello, thats a big change from a month ago where you said 103 should be good to go :smile:. It sounds bloody impressive doesnt it, really want it. Any qs you finding hard? How much time you spending per day on chem?

Yeah, well I'm just going over the organics, benzene, phenol etc. I can't wait to take on the organic and transition metal questions. I will be so pissed off :angry::angry::angry: if we get a similar question to the empirical formula question we got in our recent paper and can't complete it for the paper coming up, arghhh that will be annoying man.

Well, I tend to do two days per week of chemistry, the rest is biology. I take it easy on sunday, but still complete enough revision.
Reply 74
Original post by James A
Yeah, well I'm just going over the organics, benzene, phenol etc. I can't wait to take on the organic and transition metal questions. I will be so pissed off :angry::angry::angry: if we get a similar question to the empirical formula question we got in our recent paper and can't complete it for the paper coming up, arghhh that will be annoying man.

Well, I tend to do two days per week of chemistry, the rest is biology. I take it easy on sunday, but still complete enough revision.

Wow. I find redox piss easy, but you know wthose organic synthesis qs with like 4 pathways? Those types I bloody hate. Plus drawing apparatus, absolutely suck at it. There will not be any empiricial qs, dw mate, we just had a 6 marker on it, no chance of another one. Wow, thats some good biology revision. Whens you first exam?
Original post by Warlord
Wow. I find redox piss easy, but you know wthose organic synthesis qs with like 4 pathways? Those types I bloody hate. Plus drawing apparatus, absolutely suck at it. There will not be any empiricial qs, dw mate, we just had a 6 marker on it, no chance of another one. Wow, thats some good biology revision. Whens you first exam?

Oh really?

Reply 76
Original post by NutterFrutter
Oh really?

Dont scare me now lol nutter. Ok, maybe there will be one:smile:
Reply 77
Original post by NutterFrutter
Oh really?

sorryyyyyyyyy Mr A* in Chemistry!!!!!

Hows your med application coming along?
Reply 78
Original post by Warlord
Ah nice, your revison sounds like its going really well :smile:. I got aab last year, was only 7 marks off in chem, but warwick still said no :mad: So reapplied, taken up a2 maths too, AA prediction in both because i have already done my econ and eng lit and got the grades in them. Havent heard from unis yet lol, submitted like 2 weeks ago. I havent done any new spec paper yet lol, im way behind.

If you need any unit 5 help with qs etc, just post it, I will try my best :smile:

Ah clever one! I would have been over the moon with aab :smile: thanks I will if I get completely stuck! For some reason the multiple choice for unit 5 is easier then unit 1 hahaha
Reply 79
Ah clever one! I would have been over the moon with aab :smile: thanks I will if I get completely stuck! For some reason the multiple choice for unit 5 is easier then unit 1 hahaha

Lol, I am very worried about unit 5, I hate it :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending