Turn on thread page Beta

Oh god, results thursday!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've never been so nervous about results in my life! I'm taking Psychology in a year and need to get a B in it to meet my offer from KCL - where I really, really, hugely, desperately, want to go.

The thing is, I have no idea how I did in the exams. I did the AS practically without any help, and only had a few exam-style questions marked. The rest came from my course material and textbook. I'm doing the A2 stuff at the moment and can probably just about fit this into the amount of time I have - if I have to retake the AS in the summer I will go mad!!

When I actually SAT the exam I felt okay. but now i'm stressing out completely and am fearing the worst is going to happen. I know I will have to resit at least 1/3 papers .. and whilst I was prepared for that when I took the exam, now I just want to get an A for it (like i did in my other subjects in the summer!!)

anyone else stressing about thursday? I wish I was on edexcel and had found out already, then maybe i wouldn't be having this massive panic. God knows what I'll be like on wednesday night.

What kind of % do you have to get on the papers to get an A?!?? Aqa psychology.

ReputationRep:
    good luck! dont worry bout it although you probably will till thursday - very natural thing. Anyways,i dont know the grade boundaries because it varies from subject to subject, from year to year, and all that ums mark rubbish. http://www.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/...-bound-E03.pdf might be some help to you? maybe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fionah)
    around 80%?

I've never been so nervous about results in my life! I'm taking Psychology in a year and need to get a B in it to meet my offer from KCL - where I really, really, hugely, desperately, want to go.

The thing is, I have no idea how I did in the exams. I did the AS practically without any help, and only had a few exam-style questions marked. The rest came from my course material and textbook. I'm doing the A2 stuff at the moment and can probably just about fit this into the amount of time I have - if I have to retake the AS in the summer I will go mad!!

When I actually SAT the exam I felt okay. but now i'm stressing out completely and am fearing the worst is going to happen. I know I will have to resit at least 1/3 papers .. and whilst I was prepared for that when I took the exam, now I just want to get an A for it (like i did in my other subjects in the summer!!)

anyone else stressing about thursday? I wish I was on edexcel and had found out already, then maybe i wouldn't be having this massive panic. God knows what I'll be like on wednesday night.

stop being so panicky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYa5)
    stop being so panicky.
    Ta for being nice and understanding!!!

according to that link, it says you need 34 or 36 out of a possible 62 marks to get an A (well that was last year).. That fact has calmed me down somewhat..

you should look at it differently

ReputationRep:
    you should look at it differently
    What?

ReputationRep:
    Ta for being nice and understanding!!!

according to that link, it says you need 34 or 36 out of a possible 62 marks to get an A (well that was last year).. That fact has calmed me down somewhat..
    Last year has no bearing to this year - I presume that last year's paper was solid, which is why the marks required for the A Grade were lower than standard.

Good luck though.

What?
    you should look at it differently and not panick/worry :P

ReputationRep:
    you should look at it differently and not panick/worry :P
    It always turns out better than expected anyway.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.