The Student Room Group

Mature Newbie

Hello all, I am a 45 year old, lone Parent about to embark on an Open University Degree in Criminal Psychology. Everything is so confusing at the moment :confused: so would be grateful for all the help I can get.......to start....where can I get a grant for a Laptop as i need one.:colondollar:

Great to meet you all :biggrin:
Reply 1
Hello Gillbob99,

Welcome to The Student Room, nice to have you aboard.

Based on what you've already stated, it seems like you're about to start a course as a brand new student going into year 1?

If so, you'll only be able to apply for a tuition fee loan and DSA (Disabled Student Allowance), if applicable. If you do apply for DSA, it would be the study needs assessor that will determine whether you require a laptop for your course. If this does not apply to you, unfortunately you'll need to fund for the laptop yourself.

If you're thinking of starting your application, please visit the GOV.UK website, navigate through the pages until you're at the applications for student finance and complete a PTL1 form, which is for new part-time student.

If you require any further help, just reply back and I'll be happy to assist you with your application or any questions you may wish to ask.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending