The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

UWE - 2013 Applicants

I couldn't find a thread for general chat for people applying to UWE this year so thought I'd make one! I'm applying for psychology with sociology...Who else is applying here? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm applying for paramedic science! :smile:
Though its not my first choice, but I'm pretty sure it'll be my insurance (if I get an offer!)

Did you have to complete an online questionnaire when you received your welcome ID?
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 2
Wow that sounds so interesting!!

My referee is taking ages and hasn't sent off my application yet so no I haven't! What's it like?
Reply 3
Oh, well they'll email you a link with an ID and password to have your own personal login with them, make sure to check it regularly because they update you about interviews via that rather than ucas.

They sent me a questionnaire a few days later which was pretty short, the questions were like 'explain a time you upset someone and what did you do to resolve it' and 'explain a time you found yourself in a difficult situation and how did you cope'.

It seemed pretty general and you had to complete it for them to continue your application further so I'm thinking every applicant may have to do it but I'm not sure! :smile:
Reply 4
Oh okay never knew we had to do that! Not too hard then? Yeah maybe its just for specific courses...guess I'll find out when my application finally gets sent! Have you been for an open day at UWE? :smile:
I've applied for business management :smile:
I got the welcome ID login, but haven't heard anything since yet :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by kgreen2
I'm applying for paramedic science! :smile:
Though its not my first choice, but I'm pretty sure it'll be my insurance (if I get an offer!)

Did you have to complete an online questionnaire when you received your welcome ID?

Did they email you about the questionnaire, or was it just on your uwe intranet thing? :smile:

Reply 7
It was in my intray on the UWE portal page, the one they give you an ID and password for :smile:
So I had to answer it on there, though they said they'll email whenever you have updates in your intray..

zazu345 - I haven't yet! Have you? if so what's it like? :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by kgreen2
It was in my intray on the UWE portal page, the one they give you an ID and password for :smile:
So I had to answer it on there, though they said they'll email whenever you have updates in your intray..

zazu345 - I haven't yet! Have you? if so what's it like? :smile:

No I haven't been either! If I get an offer I'll probably go to one in June time as they usually have a couple of open days around then! :smile:
Reply 9
I'm applying for graphic design, haven't sent my application yet, but looking to get it in soon.
Original post by Chessen
I'm applying for graphic design, haven't sent my application yet, but looking to get it in soon.

Good luck! Which campus would that be at? :smile:

I've applied for law it's my first choice. I received acknowledgement almost two weeks ago and no response either! No questionnaire either but I was given a invitation if I would like to go to the open day.. Hmmm.
Original post by Ninjabutterfly
I've applied for law it's my first choice. I received acknowledgement almost two weeks ago and no response either! No questionnaire either but I was given a invitation if I would like to go to the open day.. Hmmm.

It's been a while for me too, I'm guessing they're one of the unis that don't offer for a while :/

Hey :smile: I am applying for Bioveterinary and Animal Sciences. I have got offers for both :P

Original post by laurenjade95
Hey :smile: I am applying for Bioveterinary and Animal Sciences. I have got offers for both :P

Ahh congrats! How long did they take to get back to you out of interest? :smile:
Is it a top choice for you orrrr...?

Reply 15
Hey everyone :smile: I'm applying for Computer Science and the Computing Foundation year, Frenchay campus :biggrin: any of you got offers yet?
Reply 16
Original post by Zazu345
I couldn't find a thread for general chat for people applying to UWE this year so thought I'd make one! I'm applying for psychology with sociology...Who else is applying here? :smile:

I applied for Psychology :smile: Got my offer 2 days after sending off my application! Going to the open day this weekend so hopefully the course is good!
Original post by amyeldr3d
I applied for Psychology :smile: Got my offer 2 days after sending off my application! Going to the open day this weekend so hopefully the course is good!

Sent mine of nearly 2 weeks ago, and heard nothing except that welcome ID thing! They need to hurry me up before I worry haha

Reply 18
Original post by amyeldr3d

Oh cool :smile: Well done! My tutor is taking forever to do my reference so I still haven't sent mine off yet. Ahh nice let me know what it's like! Do you live far from uwe? Yeah hopefully :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by Zazu345
Oh cool :smile: Well done! My tutor is taking forever to do my reference so I still haven't sent mine off yet. Ahh nice let me know what it's like! Do you live far from uwe? Yeah hopefully :smile:

Thanks! My tutor was a dick and refused to do my reference, because I showed my PS to other teachers before him!! Like sorry I would rather show my PSYCHOLOGY application to a PSYCHOLOGY teacher first haha. So my head of year said she would do it instead, she usually only does the Oxbridge applicants, so she was pretty quick doing it :smile: Don't think I can go now, because I'm pretty skint :frown: gutted. I come from South West Wales, so not too far, nothing compared to other unis I've applied to haha.

Quick Reply