The Student Room Group

Trinity College Cambridge blacklist

I think there is a misinterpretation of this blacklist. The subjects in the B category are labelled 'more limited suitability' with subjects listed in brackets next to them. This implies that they are only suitable for the degrees listed in brackets, surely? For instance, if someone were to apply for Philosophy (arts), then surely they would be able to have one A1 subject, one A2 subject and two B subjects (that are suitable) - dropping one B subject at A2?

http://www.trin.cam.ac.uk/index.php?pageid=604

ARTS
All Arts applicants should offer a minimum of two subjects from Lists A1 and A2. They should also offer a third A-level from Lists A1, A2 and B. Some List B options are restricted to applicants in particular subjects, which are specified in brackets where relevant. In addition, there are a number of subject-specific compulsory A-level requirements: applicants for the three-year Classics course must have at least Latin or Greek A-level; Economics applicants must take Mathematics A-level; English candidates need to take either English Literature or combined English Language and Literature at A-level; History applicants must take History A-level; Music candidates need Music A-level; and applicants for Modern Languages must take at least one of their selected languages at A-level.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Ignore that list of snobbery.
Reply 2
Original post by GeneralOJB
Ignore that list of snobbery.

Why? I am applying to Cambridge; I am just not applying to Trinity College.
I agree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending