Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi im doing a2 levels in 3 subjects and have not even completed coursework in any of them yet. i know some ppl at my college have started revising already and all ive done up to now is pissed about and ive not been taking important stuff in.
    is it too late to start working hard and get 3 c's now as at as levels i only got two d's and a c.
    thanx in advance

ReputationRep:
    hey

i'm kinda in the same situation

i havent done any of my computing coursework
    and i got about 6-7 week to do it!

argh!!!

GOT TO start this week now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horrorboy)
    hi im doing a2 levels in 3 subjects and have not even completed coursework in any of them yet. i know some ppl at my college have started revising already and all ive done up to now is pissed about and ive not been taking important stuff in.
    is it too late to start working hard and get 3 c's now as at as levels i only got two d's and a c.
    thanx in advance
    if you set your mind to it..you can do it. dont panic over allt he stuff you havnt done.. but break the stuff you need to do down into manageable chunks, write a list and tick them off as you do it (theres sth very satisfying about ticking stuff off) just go for it..theres only 6/7 more weeks to go, so what have you got to lose by trying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by presebjenada)
    if you set your mind to it..you can do it. dont panic over allt he stuff you havnt done.. but break the stuff you need to do down into manageable chunks, write a list and tick them off as you do it (theres sth very satisfying about ticking stuff off) just go for it..theres only 6/7 more weeks to go, so what have you got to lose by trying
    thanks for that ure right when u say theres nothin to lose but theres just so much to do and ive no motivation even though i want to be motivated (if that makes sense lol)

ReputationRep:
    ive no motivation even though i want to be motivated (if that makes sense lol)
    tell me about it!!! i have been saying 'right, this is the week!' since about october time and still havent done it

time for us to get our arses into gear, mister!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkler)
    tell me about it!!! i have been saying 'right, this is the week!' since about october time and still havent done it

time for us to get our arses into gear, mister!!!!!

lol same ere i promised myself id work hard b4 going to college.

ReputationRep:
    You need to put your mind too it, if you do then you can do well. Also don't let the fact you prevously got only average grades let you put you off. I can assure there are many people out there that have got U's.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for that ure right when u say theres nothin to lose but theres just so much to do and ive no motivation even though i want to be motivated (if that makes sense lol)
    know the feeling.. here i am posting on this website when i have coursework in for wednesday (AAH small panic!!) seriously.. make a list of small manageable bits and just start soemthing, anything however small.. the more you tick off the better youll feel. its like treating yourself like a little kid, but it works for me.. and set yourself time goals. like im going to work for the next half hour and then have a 15 min break..followed by half hour more.. breaking itup doesnt make it seem so long as sitting down for 4 hours and only concentrating for 10% the time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I can assure there are many people out there that have got U's.
    You are supposed to be encouraging him!

ReputationRep:
    Why did you take these A-levels in the first place? If you don't enjoy them, you won't have any motivation. And if you can't be bothered now, you're not going to be bothered at university, so why don't you just leave, get jobs and do the whole system a favour.

ReputationRep:
    sigh..

of course, there had to be one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eviloompa)
    Why did you take these A-levels in the first place? If you don't enjoy them, you won't have any motivation. And if you can't be bothered now, you're not going to be bothered at university, so why don't you just leave, get jobs and do the whole system a favour.
    Lol very harsh but I do know whrere you are coming from, I had no time for people that messed about in my college.

ReputationRep:
    It's not just a lack of motivation, or a dislike of the subject. School is tiring, especially after two months through the winter months. With other committments, homework etc there often isn't enough time, or you're too tired to sit down and write coursework into the bargin. Unless, of course, you suggest that we are at school simply in order to pass exams and not take advantage of all the other opportunities available?

ReputationRep:
    arn't u refering to idiots who get £30 a week EMA and spend it on beer then complain its not enough. well im not 1 of them coz both my parents work and i get nothin

i think ppl who r sponging off the system and not trying shud go yes

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.