Turn on thread page Beta

Life Is Nothing But A Mere Perception!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent p......?)
    But they are all still percieving it in the way they want to, and everyone thinks about life in their own way.
    In their on way like what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHANDY)
    In their on way like what?
    Thinking about death and then life and why, it would be hard not to think about unless you weren't smart enough to understand death.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent p......?)
    Thinking about death and then life and why, it would be hard not to think about unless you weren't smart enough to understand death.
    Might I ask, do you believe in reincarnation?

ReputationRep:
    come on SHANDY, give the religious threads a rest will you? how many did you post today? three, four?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    come on SHANDY, give the religious threads a rest will you? how many did you post today? three, four?
    Dude this is my first thread.

ReputationRep:
    Not percievably.

ReputationRep:
    Dude this is my first thread.
    ah, i apologise, you're just a prominent poster on similar threads. carry on.

ReputationRep:
    ah, i apologise, you're just a prominent poster on similar threads. carry on.
    Just leave it mate.

ReputationRep:
    Just leave it mate.
    leave what? i said carry on.

ReputationRep:
    leave what? i said carry on.
    I said leave it.

ReputationRep:
    I said leave it.
    what is it? you leave it :mad:

ReputationRep:
    what is it? you leave it :mad:
    What ever man.

ReputationRep:
    humans are too caught up in their own self-importance and fail to realise that they will suffer the same fate as all of god's creatures. you will die, you will cease to exist and you will be forgotten!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    humans are too caught up in their own self-importance and fail to realise that they will suffer the same fate as all of god's creatures. you will die, you will cease to exist and you will be forgotten!
    Told them, their too busy with themselves to realise.

ReputationRep:
    True but most people do not know that, and die without knowing that life is just a perception.

Life is not "just a perception". We are alive, and we are influenced by outside factors. True, one's personal life is very much perception, shaped by how we think, feel, what we aspire to be, what we imagine rather than know to be true, but it is not "just a perception".

ReputationRep:
    Told them, their too busy with themselves to realise.
    well steady on :P i don't agree with you when you say "life is a perception". just saying that there's no afterlife, in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Id like to point out how pointless this philosophical topic is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mizar)
    Id like to point out how pointless this philosophical topic is.
    But aren't all philisophical topics pointless?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hitchhiker_13)
    Life is not "just a perception". We are alive, and we are influenced by outside factors. True, one's personal life is very much perception, shaped by how we think, feel, what we aspire to be, what we imagine rather than know to be true, but it is not "just a perception".
    What we think, feel etc. is only ultimately down to changes in the concentrations of ions across a cell membrane. We could all be plugged into this big computer somewhere, have you not studied matrixology?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    What we think, feel etc. is only ultimately down to changes in the concentrations of ions across a cell membrane. We could all be plugged into this big computer somewhere, have you not studied matrixology?
    Oh come on, real life.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.