Turn on thread page Beta

Do guys actually care if.... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    ...their dates/girlfriends/girls in general have long, polished fingernails, tweazed eyebrows, long curly eyelashes, and so on? girls spend ages on these things but sometimes I doubt if guys pay that much attention to details.

And also, what do you prefer (guys and girls), a nice body or a pretty face? and noone dare say 'both' or 'neither, I prefer inner beauty, intelligence, sense of humour...bla bla bla'... it's a straightforward one or the other question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rutera)
    ...their dates/girlfriends/girls in general have long, polished fingernails, tweazed eyebrows, long curly eyelashes, and so on? girls spend ages on these things but sometimes I doubt if guys pay that much attention to details.

And also, what do you prefer (guys and girls), a nice body or a pretty face? and noone dare say 'both' or 'neither, I prefer inner beauty, intelligence, sense of humour...bla bla bla'... it's a straightforward one or the other question.
    Fingersnails etc arent important - aslong as theyre not a mess...and errr, if you do decide to do whatever you do to them, make sure they dont look stupid. Some girls I know who tweaz their eyebrows just make them look absolutely hideous.

Nice body is best everytime, if you have a nice body but are fugly, youd still get it, if youve got a pretty face and are obese - you wont.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)

Nice body is best everytime, if you have a nice body but are fugly, youd still get it, if youve got a pretty face and are obese - you wont.
    mmm, perhaps, although an ugly face wouldn't be good regardless of body. Unless you walked around naked.

ReputationRep:
    Don't really care about nails, eyebrows, etc, as long as they're not a complete mess. In fact for me polished nails are a complete turn-off, I'm all for the natural look.

As for face or body, face every time. Although if she is incredibly over or underweight, however nice the face was it wouldn't help, partly becuaser the face would probably be ruined as well

ReputationRep:

In response to the first paragrath, Its not essential, but theres SO much competition out there. Therefore you prob should spend ages. Unless you want a dumb ass boring guy with a deformed sexual organ. Guys might not pay that much attention to the individual things (e.g. eyebrows, fingernails etc) but we notice the big picture, which is made up of the little things (you get me?). In other words we'll notice you look hot, but wont nessesarily know exactly why.

Answering your second paragrath, you need one to be above average and the other at least average! Tip: smiling makes you much more attractive, so try that instead of spending all day on your nails!

ReputationRep:
    ma bf likes it wen girls make an effort to b nice but not too over the top, and not all the time. he likes me to b natural most days and nicely done up (make up clothes etc) wen we go out.

a girl who does those thingsa ll the time never looks any different. my bf sees me in the mornin no make up and frizzy hair lokin trés scary an still thinks im goreous! hehe

ReputationRep:

its important for the initial attraction, but to be honest i dont care how my gf looks anymore, so long as shes the same person (if that makes sense)

ReputationRep:

We dont do it just for guys...it makes us feel good too! Not everthing revolves around them..we may want to make ourselves look good just for us.

ReputationRep:

You should see some of the bristolian slappers. I'd love to know who told them that "gold" earings the size of hula-hoops are remotely attractive, not to mention the overdose on mascara and hair gelled back.
    It's a question of balance, I mean if a girl was really attractive but as thick and intellectually stimulating as jade goody then it would be pointless.

ReputationRep:

i appreciate all the above - and i would prefer a pretty face without a doubt

ReputationRep:
    I think you should do what you feel, if you want a manicure, girl, you go ahead and have one!I hate it when girls go all out and dress for men and not themselves! Do what you want, if you want to spend hours on your hair (like i do) the go ahead and do it, but if you want to go natural, do that as well!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.