The Student Room Group

accomodation for student parents

I've just started university at the age of 22 and I want to move house. I've been finding it difficult because I can't move in to the halls as I have a 2 year old child. I want to rent privately and will be paying for the rent with my grants and loans which are very generous in wales and I will have more than enough to get a house up to around 150 pounds a week. Most of the houses I feel are suitable for families say no students etc...

where can I find suitable accommodation that welcome students (even though I'm a mature student with a child)
Thank you in advance:tongue:
Reply 1
Could you maybe contact some of the agencies? As you're a mature student with a child it's not perceived to be as bad as a crowd of 18 year olds living away for the first time?
Reply 2
hmm, yeah I'll definitely do that, cheers
Reply 3
Does your uni not provide family accommodation? Some do so its worth asking if you haven't already. As for privately renting its still worth enquiring about those houses that state no students. Usually its to avoid younger students who are more likely to get behind with rent and leave the place in a state!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPad App
Reply 4
Usually there is very little family accommodation, and what there is tends to go quickly and before the start of term, but is always worth asking.

I agree that you should approach agencies stressing you are 22 and not a school leaver. You have work references and a sensible bank history they can check. Many agencies will take post-grad students because they are older/more responsible and you fall into that category.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending