Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The history results from Edexcel have been completely screwed up at both of the campuses at our college. No-one got an A, one person got a B, everyone else got less than a C (the majority being Ds, Es and Us).

I personally got a U. This seems bizarre as, without wishing to sound like a git, Ive never managed to get a U EVER in an exam, mock, coursework, test, homework, etc, etc. I got all A's in my AS's and I got full marks in both my history courseworks, so to get a U seems strange to say the least. Everyone who is predicted an A got a U or an E (including a couple who've got Oxbridge offers), and one guy who is predicted a D got the highest mark in the class (a B). Im still on an average of 77% across all modules though, so Im not too upset.

Edexcel have f*cked up like this too often (remember the marked down english papers 2 years ago, or the unanswerable pure maths question?!?). This is a very pressured and sensitive time for many students and Edexcel appear not to give a stuff. Thats why our Students Union is planning to boycott them.

Has this happened to anyone else?? Perhaps all 100+ history students at both our campuses suddenly became stupider!!

ReputationRep:
    Get them remarked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    The history results from Edexcel have been completely screwed up at both of the campuses at our college. No-one got an A, one person got a B, everyone else got less than a C (the majority being Ds, Es and Us).

I personally got a U. This seems bizarre as, without wishing to sound like a git, Ive never managed to get a U EVER in an exam, mock, coursework, test, homework, etc, etc. I got all A's in my AS's and I got full marks in both my history courseworks, so to get a U seems strange to say the least. Everyone who is predicted an A got a U or an E (including a couple who've got Oxbridge offers), and one guy who is predicted a D got the highest mark in the class (a B). Im still on an average of 77% across all modules though, so Im not too upset.

Edexcel have f*cked up like this too often (remember the marked down english papers 2 years ago, or the unanswerable pure maths question?!?). This is a very pressured and sensitive time for many students and Edexcel appear not to give a stuff. Thats why our Students Union is planning to boycott them.

Has this happened to anyone else?? Perhaps all 100+ history students at both our campuses suddenly became stupider!!
    We had the same problem last summer - in a class where everyone was predicted As (there were a couple of Bs) very few people got an A - on one paper, the Votes for Women source paper everyone did bad, with most people gets marks from Cs-Us!

ReputationRep:
    My English teacher in 2003 told me that Edex-hell is a weird organisation and that they have got admitted some Asians admitted newly . They accumulate so much wealth from around the world but even then their
    committment and sense-of-duty is lax , continuously vexing the serious students . I heard a student didn't even appear for the Biology examination but got an A in it , woah !

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.