At what age does it become pathetic to be a male virgin? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
It's been prying on my mind and has become an anxiety and inferiority complex.

I'm going to be turning 25 (yes 25 years old O_o) soon and I have not gone as far as flirting with a member of the opposite sex let alone engaging in any intimacy. I developed Chronic fatigue from a very young age and it's really negatively impacted every aspect of my life thus far, academically, mentally and sociology-economically. Although I scapegoat that and cite that to be my main reason for this, looking back I believe there have been many opportunities which I didn't take up or chase.

I withdrew from society after college and struggle to match up, in terms productivity and energy to most people. Although I'm not a bad looking person, I have low energy levels and very low self esteem. I can come across as an unwell person, I do try and hide illness as much as I can and try to live a life around it. I'm starting to lose faith I'll able to have a relationship and build a life for myself as my illness is a major hindrance on my ability.
Blues Guitarist
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's not pathetic if you have that man. Im sure the right girl will come along for you some day, however, you will obviously have to try a lot harder than the rest of us. You've just got to make the best of it. Be grateful you didn't get cancer or something worse
jblackmoustache
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I agree with that actually.

Male virginity is looked down upon from when you're young amongst your peers. Nobdoy wanted to admit they're the virgin in school. Saying you're a virgin was like a bullying sentence in school.

Everybody wants to be 'the man'. There's always a pressure from when you're small especially in scummy areas to have sex (as soon as you are able to)
MutantGecko
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i dont think being a virgin is pathetic at all, for any age. it not only means you wont be riddled with STDs, but also the woman you get with in the end will feel all the more special.
PureMathsigma
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's only pathetic when you're married and you have no reason (medical or otherwise) not to have sex. Which I'd think is quite rare.
AccountingBabe
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
tazmaniac97
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
10 years old, duhh. I thought it was obvious. :rolleyes:
Lucia.
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think late twenties ish since 17 is around about the average age people lose it.
PaperBoy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
40 obviously. Imagine if you're the 40 years old virgin.
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jblackmoustache)
I agree with that actually.

Male virginity is looked down upon from when you're young amongst your peers. Nobdoy wanted to admit they're the virgin in school. Saying you're a virgin was like a bullying sentence in school.

Everybody wants to be 'the man'. There's always a pressure from when you're small especially in scummy areas to have sex (as soon as you are able to)
Especially when you didn't know the **** virgin meant :pierre:
blue n white army
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
16 years and one month old, cos that's how old i was. If you were older that means i won and you are therefore pathetic
Acroamathematics
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey, Isaac Newton was a bachelor. Least you guys have something in common.
marky--mark
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Surely it's not pathetic of you're not into sex? There's such a thing as asexuality.
Relating to you, OP, I wouldn't say that's pathetic if you simply haven't bothered to interact with anyone in that way. If you'd been actively trying to get in the game, then that might be a different matter, depending on circumstances.

Besides, as other people have said, once you find someone who is right for you, it'll feel even more special. And losing it late to the right person (at least in my opinion) is infinitely better than losing it too early to the wrong person. The amount of people I know, whose first time was in a tent at a festival to a randomer, is just plain scary.
Anonymous #2
Report 6 years ago
Im 20 and i already feel pathetic. Just knowing the fact that im "missing out" so to speak, i know all of my friends have done it, they casually bring it up in conversation, makes me uncomfortable.

Like you aswell OP, i look back on so many oppotunites i could of lost it, i'd really love to know what the **** was going through my head when i turned it down.
ZakStarrh
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
at 56 I'd say I regret losing my virginity so early there was way better vagina afterwards. -_-
alapa
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It's been prying on my mind and has become an anxiety and inferiority complex.

I'm going to be turning 25 (yes 25 years old O_o) soon and I have not gone as far as flirting with a member of the opposite sex let alone engaging in any intimacy. I developed Chronic fatigue from a very young age and it's really negatively impacted every aspect of my life thus far, academically, mentally and sociology-economically. Although I scapegoat that and cite that to be my main reason for this, looking back I believe there have been many opportunities which I didn't take up or chase.

I withdrew from society after college and struggle to match up, in terms productivity and energy to most people. Although I'm not a bad looking person, I have low energy levels and very low self esteem. I can come across as an unwell person, I do try and hide illness as much as I can and try to live a life around it. I'm starting to lose faith I'll able to have a relationship and build a life for myself as my illness is a major hindrance on my ability.
It is never pathetic, please do not put yourself down like that. just work on your confidence mate.
MostUncivilised
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
x
Although some have said that it's not an issue to be a virgin at 25, it kind of is. From a developmental perspective, it is of some concern if somone is getting to the second half of their twenties and hasn't yet experienced any form of sexual intercourse.

Sometimes professional help can be of assistance, sometimes you just need to bite the bullet and get out there, because you don't want to get to 30 and think, "Fark, I was pondering the same stuff 5 years ago and I did nothing".

Whatever you do mate, whether its seeing a psychologist or a prositute, going out to bars, joining a ping-pong team or salsa class, I'd encourage you to get to it quick.
jblackmoustache
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Holy Cherrys)
Especially when you didn't know the **** virgin meant :pierre:
haha that happened to a few people when I was at school.
MostUncivilised
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
There are always people on here asking about virginity at age X, why don't the virgins on this board get together and have some hot virgin sex?

I suspect many elder virgins have this guff about "waiting for the right person". There is no perfect soul-mate out there, and that attitude will only result in you being like those old 70-year old spinster sisters you see living together. Madness.
manty
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
you have no excuse i lost my virginity whilst in the midst of having glandular fever :L Either get good at flirting/seeing girls or become one of those more tactical guys who uses alcohol and time as factors to his advantage.... :L
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.76%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.71%
I don't think they'd understand (51)
15%
It might lead to more bullying (131)
38.53%
There's nothing they could do (102)
30%

Watched Threads