Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanMushMan)
    its only 24 hours til reset...
    Bleh, you have more than me anyway. And no, I didn't pee on the boys. I just marked them down when they were shouting. But apparently "that's how boys communicate with each other." :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Bleh, you have more than me anyway. And no, I didn't pee on the boys. I just marked them down when they were shouting. But apparently "that's how boys communicate with each other." :rolleyes:
    Apparently so. My mum co-ordinates the boys activities at her school and this is what she has told me. I did a weeks work experience there after my GCSE's mainly because I was bored. I loved helping the girls, but the boys were little hyper active *******s. The funniest moment was when one of them 'got his willy out' to impress the girls. He got put in naughty corner for 20 minutes, and rightfully so. I thus concluded I would much prefer to have a baby daugther rather then a boy when I'm older. Far less hassle

ReputationRep:
    There is a lovely T-shirt in the window of one of the shops in Cambridge saying "Boys are stupid, throw rocks at them." I was sorely tempted on occasion. Why are you such little shits? (Not that some grow out of it, of course)

ReputationRep:
    There is a lovely T-shirt in the window of one of the shops in Cambridge saying "Boys are stupid, throw rocks at them." I was sorely tempted on occasion. Why are you such little shits? (Not that some grow out of it, of course)
    Apparently boys are more competitive than girls, even over stupid pointless things like who has the best toy car. Its totally hormonal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    Apparently boys are more competitive than girls, even over stupid pointless things like who has the best toy car. Its totally hormonal
    Whereas we just ***** at each other and at boys when we get hormonal. Or, as I do, sit in my room, cry (occasionally, but not for ages actually) and think how everyone hates you. I think hitting people would be more preferable.

ReputationRep:
    Whereas we just ***** at each other and at boys when we get hormonal. Or, as I do, sit in my room, cry (occasionally, but not for ages actually) and think how everyone hates you. I think hitting people would be more preferable.
    Aww. No, thats what rugby is for And its legal too.

Girls *****ing always amuses me. But yes, cat fights are far better...

ReputationRep:
    Aww. No, thats what rugby is for And its legal too.

Girls *****ing always amuses me. But yes, cat fights are far better...
    Yeah, I suppose from the outside *****fights are very amusing to watch. Two of my friends (one male, actually) were arguing all day last week - we'd walk behind them and it was like watching the Jerry Springer show! "I'm not arguing with you," "You so are" "Whatever, it's your problem" "Yeah, you started it...."

And on and on. When I was in Mexico, the American girls thought that my piss-taking sessions with my (English) friends were hilarious because we were being really horrible, but with (in their minds) very posh voices. Weird.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I suppose from the outside *****fights are very amusing to watch. Two of my friends (one male, actually) were arguing all day last week - we'd walk behind them and it was like watching the Jerry Springer show! "I'm not arguing with you," "You so are" "Whatever, it's your problem" "Yeah, you started it...."

And on and on. When I was in Mexico, the American girls thought that my piss-taking sessions with my (English) friends were hilarious because we were being really horrible, but with (in their minds) very posh voices. Weird.

Indeed. Most of it is over boys though which makes me laugh even more.

ReputationRep:
    Indeed. Most of it is over boys though which makes me laugh even more.
    I never ***** with other girls over boys Except evil Nicci, but she is long gone, thank God.

ReputationRep:
    I never ***** with other girls over boys Except evil Nicci, but she is long gone, thank God.
    Lol, evil Nicci. I bet she was dreadfully pretty but incredibly vain.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, evil Nicci. I bet she was dreadfully pretty but incredibly vain.
    No, averagely pretty, just a manipulative flirty power-happy witch. My deadliest rival in school.

ReputationRep:
    No, averagely pretty, just a manipulative flirty power-happy witch. My deadliest rival in school.
    so it was you??

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone who is doing the MSOC exam on Friday. Here is a copy of an interesting e-mail doing the rounds at the moment:

[Forwarded message below]
    Hi everyone! i've got some really, and i mean REALLY cool news (well i
    think so anyway!). i've just come back from my medsoc & ISBM
    supervision...my supervisor is the chief examinor for medsoc...and she
    revealed some exciting news today. intrigued? well keep reading! you know
    how the pass mark for ISBM was 70% last year? well it's still 70%! AND you
    know how the pass mark for medsoc was 70% last year, well it was officially
    confirmed yesterday that it's now 50%!!!!!!!! yep FIFTY PERCENT!!!
    ...she kept on telling us to make sure we know all about
    family, household, and all related topics AND women and mens health...so i
    think that was by way of a hint...but then again what do i know!! (i still
    suggest you read everything!) well hope that's made your revision a little
    more bearable! work hard...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex_R)
    Hi everyone who is doing the MSOC exam on Friday. Here is a copy of an interesting e-mail doing the rounds at the moment:

[Forwarded message below]
    Hi everyone! i've got some really, and i mean REALLY cool news (well i
    think so anyway!). i've just come back from my medsoc & ISBM
    supervision...my supervisor is the chief examinor for medsoc...and she
    revealed some exciting news today. intrigued? well keep reading! you know
    how the pass mark for ISBM was 70% last year? well it's still 70%! AND you
    know how the pass mark for medsoc was 70% last year, well it was officially
    confirmed yesterday that it's now 50%!!!!!!!! yep FIFTY PERCENT!!!
    ...she kept on telling us to make sure we know all about
    family, household, and all related topics AND women and mens health...so i
    think that was by way of a hint...but then again what do i know!! (i still
    suggest you read everything!) well hope that's made your revision a little
    more bearable! work hard...
    If only!! Tho MSOC is seeming far more difficult to learn than ISBM....

Id only believe it if I got it myself.....from a "reliable" source Meanwhile, I feel like a trip to the bar......that or another CAL module :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanMushMan)
    so it was you??
    No! I was the poor oppressed underdog But I'm at Cambridge and she's not

Alex - interesting news re. the MSOC if it's true. I hope so. But then the exam is of a different format from last year, so I think generally people will not do as well as if they were filling in the blanks. I think I'm ok with ISBM. I've finally got the CAL modules working on my computer, so I'll be in for a cosy night with them tonight

ReputationRep:
    if thats true then thats the best news ive heard all day and will certainally make revision a bit easier! do u know if we only have to do 10 questions in the isbm exam? i was told we did but doesnt seem very many seeing as exam is 45 mins..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duck)
    if thats true then thats the best news ive heard all day and will certainally make revision a bit easier! do u know if we only have to do 10 questions in the isbm exam? i was told we did but doesnt seem very many seeing as exam is 45 mins..?
    Yes, ISBM is 45 mins, 10 questions. Multiple choice . Apparently lots of people get up and leave once they're finished - we were never allowed to do that at school.

Duck - what college are you at? There are soooo many first year medics here! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    that sounds quite good - just being able to leave! do most people pass it then?

im at selwyn, and yeh there does seem to be quite a few 1st year medics on here - which college u at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duck)
    that sounds quite good - just being able to leave! do most people pass it then?

im at selwyn, and yeh there does seem to be quite a few 1st year medics on here - which college u at?
    Clare. I don't know about pass rates and stuff, and whether many people actually do leave or if that's just apocryphal though. No doubt we will see on Friday. I think ISBM is quite a hard one to fail though.

ReputationRep:
    dont focus on the pass rates. the fact the medsoc % needed has dropped doesn't mean much, since its a totally different exam

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.