Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Which is the best accommodation @ Warwick uni?
    The two en-suite H.O.R are Arthur Vick and Jack Martin
    Does anyone 1 know which is best out of these 2? They are pretty much identical and 4, or 6 mins away from the S.U

ne info?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zero101)
    Does anyone 1 know which is best out of these 2? They are pretty much identical and 4, or 6 mins away from the S.U

ne info?
    I went for a campus tour before my MORSE interview last week and saw Arthur Vick and Cryfield. Although the facilities were impressive, I didn't really like the atmosphere of Arthur Vick and our guides gave us the impression it was the least sociable hall on campus.

I'm going to an Economics Open Day this Wednesday. Hopefully, I'll see some of the other accommodation, but I'm likely to put Jack Martin as my ensuite choice.

ReputationRep:
    apparently Lakeside is en-suite too but slightly further away than AV and JM but its closer to Tescos, lol.
    I've heard AV is better than JM and being only a couple of £'s dearer. it has launderette and room might be bigger.....i'm sure u can check in the website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zero101)

ne info?
    the guy who showed me around said Arthur Vick was much quieter, but he was in Jack Martin and he liked it. Rootes is meant to be the Halls for party people as it's right next to the arts centre.

ReputationRep:
    ne 1 else got ne info?

ReputationRep:
    hey- my brother goes to warwick and choose jack martin cos he thought it was the best- the buildings look nice and there is a good sized room- when I went to visit I loved it and wished my accomodation could be like it! (plus its near to everything at campus-arts centre, sports, bus stop!)

ReputationRep:
    I've stayed at Lakeside which is self-catering (I don't know whether the others are). Certainly the rooms are really nice (all ensuite). It's about a 15 minute walk to the SU/Arts building and it isn't a nice walk in the dark on your own. They have these big posts with blue flashing lights on so that you can contact someone if you're being attacked, but there is the red minibus which you can get in the evenings if you don't feel safe having to walk on your own. That said, you probably wouldn't need to walk anywhere on your own really.

As for the atmosphere- everyone in the flat I stayed in was very friendly and they all get on really well. The kitchen and communal room are both big and shared between 8 people.

I would recommend Lakeside if you don't mind the walk, although as I said before I've only stayed there- not lived there- and I didn't see any other accommodation.

ReputationRep:
    Have u guys got forms that u have to fill out for accomadation. I got an offer months ago and sent back my ucas form putting warwick as my firm choice but i still havent got anything.
    From what ive seen though Jack martin and Arthur Vick are the ones like most. However i havent been down to see them, so could someone fill me in on how they are.

ReputationRep:
    yeah its just between AV and Jm really...it's hard to choose !

ReputationRep:
    AV is the quieter one, with no atmosphere. It has it's own laundrette though, JM have to go to Rootes laundrette. AV has a lounge and JM doesn't. JM is the best out of the 3 ensuites, in terms of location, atmosphere and the type of people you're likely to find. I'm in JM. They're all self catering. Rootes is the party place, no ensuite. It's not next to the arts centre though, it's next to the union. Ish. Whitefields are closer, they're little flats.

ReputationRep:
    Here is the impression I got of various accomodations when I visited:

Jack Martin and Arthur Vick - both fairly similar. Jack Martin is very hot. Arthur Vick and marginally more expensive but you get a convenient launderette for it.

Westwood - miles away and catered; where people who dont get their applications in time end up.

Whitefields - cheapest option, but your room is cosy (read TINY). Twelve person flats, I only saw the outside but roomy they certainly aint.

Rootes - where most first years live. Most lively and partyish. There is Old and New Rootes; you can't specify which you want to go to but the Old one was not-so-nice accomodation.

Cryfield - Nothing special.

Tocil - flats, a little further out than JM/AV/Whitefields/Rootes. Alright.

And that was it. Remember I speak with little authority, as I've never actually been inside any of these and got almost all my information from one biased source.

For what it's worth, I'm applying for Whitefields. It's cheap, you get to live in a flat (which I like the idea of more than halls) so you'll get to know these people really well, and it's so very close to the union. The smallness may freak me out a bit, but I'll live. Also 30 week rents so no bother about paying for it when you aren't using it.

Emma
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by covered farm wa)
    and it's so very close to the union.
    Therefore noisy if you get the one that's 6 foot (literally) away from the union. Good choice though, I've been in whitefields (and have crashed there when I passed out after a night out) and it's bigger than it looks.

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to ask, is all Warwick accomodation self-catering?

That's scary!!

ReputationRep:
    All apart from Westwood. Cooking's ok once you get used to it!

ReputationRep:
    When did u get these acommadation forms ????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fira)
    When did u get these acommadation forms ????
    Fira are you an international student ? cos i got an offer a while ago and i havent got the forms yet either, none of the ppl in my school hav got acc. forms either despite getting offers. Its annoying cos i fell i wont get the acc. i want, oh well ...

ReputationRep:
    isn't it online? i think you can do it through the accomodation section of the uni website.

ReputationRep:
    my brother's at Jack Martin and very happy there. The room is nice and so are the people, very sociable.. in fact always drinking lol. I'd recommend it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HasanB)
    Fira are you an international student ? cos i got an offer a while ago and i havent got the forms yet either, none of the ppl in my school hav got acc. forms either despite getting offers. Its annoying cos i fell i wont get the acc. i want, oh well ...

No, I live in Qatar, but i will be classed as a home student. Parents working here temporarily. How bout u?

ReputationRep:
    seems like jack martin it is then

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.