The Student Room Group

Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by MrConfusedDotCom
Hmm well as my name states im confused lol. Ermm it says that i spend 1 year at College, and then the rest at Uni :biggrin:

you can always ask to do the direct course at uni anyway providing ur grades meet the requirements so dw about it. Was it all of them u applied for foundation degrees?
Reply 21
Had all my offers!:biggrin: imperial, bristol, manchester, bath & swansea.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 22
Original post by kapowis
Had all my offers!:biggrin: imperial, bristol, manchester, bath & swansea.

congrats :smile:im guessing first choice is imperial? wat offer did they ask for?
Reply 23
Original post by a10
congrats :smile:im guessing first choice is imperial? wat offer did they ask for?

Nope! First choice is Bristol, much preferred it there:tongue: imperial want a*a*a :smile:

Reply 24
Original post by kapowis
Nope! First choice is Bristol, much preferred it there:tongue: imperial want a*a*a :smile:

Christ imperial are crazy :s-smilie: hahaa xD and congrats on the offers! Bristol is supposed to be a very beautiful city xD
Reply 25
Hey guys i have applied to Hertfordsire, Coventry, Queen Mary London, Kingston
AS Physics - A, Predicted - A
AS Maths - B, Predicted - A
AS Business - U, Predicted - D <--- IDK HOW :frown:

Do you think i can get any unconditional offers based of these grades?? Personal Statement isnt the best but is ok :biggrin:

I've applied to Hertfordshire, Queen Mary and Coventry too
Have you got any offers yet ?
Original post by JessAlex
I've applied to Hertfordshire, Queen Mary and Coventry too
Have you got any offers yet ?

Yeah Hertfordshire have replied back, both Conditional. Queen Mary have emailed me but nothing has changed on Ucas, and Coventry have not said anything :frown:

And yourself ?
Reply 27
Yeah Hertfordshire have replied back, both Conditional. Queen Mary have emailed me but nothing has changed on Ucas, and Coventry have not said anything :frown:

And yourself ?

Well done, I got a conditional offer from Queen Mary but haven't heard from any of the others, when did you send off your ucas and when did Hertfordshire reply ?x
Reply 28
I've got conditional offeres from all of my choices
Liverpool, sheffield, Queen Mary, Leicester and Brunel ( i'm not gonna go to brunel for sure!)
my predicted grades was:

A math
A physics
C chemistry
I only applied for aeronautical engineering at Glasgow and 4 other physics courses. Got 5 unconditionals, think I'm gonna go with aeronautical engineering at Glasgow!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Hello everyone !

I'm a Spanish student, so... the grades are: A=9/10 , A*=10/10 , B=8/10
My predicted are: A*A*A*

I have applied to:

-Southampton --> Offered (BBB)
-Manchester --> Offered (AAA)
-Sheffield --> Offered (AAA)
-Bristol --> Waiting
-Imperial College London --> Waiting to complete supplementary application form

And... University of Delft (Netherlands), which accepted me unconditionally.

Which one do you think is the best option if Imperial College rejects me? I think the best "ranking" would be: First ICL-Delft-Bristol-Sheffield-Southampton-Last one Manchester

Regards!!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 31
Pleasee, give me some advice ! :confused:
Reply 32
Original post by M.Arbelo
Pleasee, give me some advice ! :confused:

I am thinking to apply to attend BSc in aerospace engineering at Delft. I would suggest the ranking is : ICL-Bristol-Delft-Southampton-Machester.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by michael13
I am thinking to apply to attend BSc in aerospace engineering at Delft. I would suggest the ranking is : ICL-Bristol-Delft-Southampton-Machester.

First of all, thanks for posting.

I have seen the Qs World ranking and bristol is shown as the 91st in Engineering, while Delft is the 18th. Obviously regarding the international reputation Bristol is better than Delft.

Anybody else?? :wink:
Reply 34
Hi guys, I got offer for aerospace from Manchester and Queen Mary
and for electrical from Bristol..
I really don't know which one to firm :confused:
I'm actually more interested in aerospace but Bristol has higher ranking overall,
any advice?
Reply 35
Original post by Rrs17
Hi guys, I got offer for aerospace from Manchester and Queen Mary
and for electrical from Bristol..
I really don't know which one to firm :confused:
I'm actually more interested in aerospace but Bristol has higher ranking overall,
any advice?

Rankings don't matter. Go to the place you loved best :smile:
Original post by a10
Rankings don't matter. Go to the place you loved best :smile:

Yeah I agree. There's no point in choosing somewhere purely based on rank as if you end up hating the pace after a year I don't think that'll help your studies too much and end up getting a bad grade etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Original post by munchen102
Yeah I agree. There's no point in choosing somewhere purely based on rank as if you end up hating the pace after a year I don't think that'll help your studies too much and end up getting a bad grade etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

exactly! :wink:
Reply 38
Thanks guys, i'll think about it..
these things about uni are so stressful I feel like going back to kindergarten
Lol :biggrin:
Reply 39
Hey guys :smile: are you counting Avionics here too?

Just thought I'd share a useful link... Check out the DESG Undergrad sponsorship scheme... £1,500 bursary and paid summer work.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/28403/sponsorship_fact_sheet.pdf

I realise I may be shooting myself in the foot, but I figure that it would be nice to let some other people know too :smile:

Ps Anyone else here firmed for York?

Cuki

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply