The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ana81
Weldone, but as Bristol is small they are harder to avoid in comparison to London and Birmingham.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Weldone, but it's about how street aware you are and how to behave.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 581
Original post by gabisargent
Weldone, but it's about how street aware you are and how to behave.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So silly, are you one of those people who believe you only get trouble if you go looking for it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ana81
So silly, are you one of those people who believe you only get trouble if you go looking for it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lived in the most dangerous city of Brazil for 13 years, I know for sure you don't just 'look' for trouble. But I'm pretty sure Bristol students aren't gonna be going around in the places considered to be dangerous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 583
Which accomadation are people applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by VinceVC

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Hawthorns is my first choice :smile:
Original post by VinceVC

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put Cliffton Hill House, Goldney and Badock in my application. :biggrin:
Reply 586
Original post by gabisargent
Lived in the most dangerous city of Brazil for 13 years, I know for sure you don't just 'look' for trouble. But I'm pretty sure Bristol students aren't gonna be going around in the places considered to be dangerous.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do you know this? If they lack the knowledge of the city they will most likely not know the no go areas.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,

I firmed Bristol to study LLB Law, and the offer I got was AAA or A*AB. I am doing 4 a-levels, and I think that I can get AABB- would you think Bristol would accept that?

Thanks,
Chris :smile:
Original post by Ana81
Weldone, but as Bristol is small they are harder to avoid in comparison to London and Birmingham.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why are you concentrating so much on the rough areas? I go to the uni, and it's not in a bad area at all, it's in a great area! Not sure what your point is.
Any one has any question about the course, support from the Uni, accommodation,..., feel free to ask me, especially who is going to study Biochemistry or other Medical Sciences.
Im 2nd year student now (time flies so fast, still remember the first day came to Bristol, and now I'll be here to guide new freshers)
Reply 590
Original post by 22DubDub
Why are you concentrating so much on the rough areas? I go to the uni, and it's not in a bad area at all, it's in a great area! Not sure what your point is.

You will be the first person I rob come first semester.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How difficult is the Civil Engineering course at Bristol?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ana81
How do you know this? If they lack the knowledge of the city they will most likely not know the no go areas.

Posted from TSR Mobile

As someone who has wondered drunkenly around all areas of Bristolbfor 3 years, including St Paul's and Sotkes Croft, I can confirm that wondering into said 'rough areas' is fine, and the main place you have to look out for in terms of trouble, which you can't actually avoid lets be honest here, is the centre and the triangle.
Does anyone know how lenient Bristol are with students who don't meet their offers? I was offered aaa including maths and further maths for MSci Mathematics, and I know (due to a seriously difficult fp3 paper) that I haven't met it... I do 5 subjects and think my grades are more likely to be aaabb with the b in further maths.. Has anyone been in a similar position and still been offered Bristol or is it an automatic rejection? Any advice would be really welcome as I'm pretty worried right now...
Is a current first year language student happy to share their timetable with me please just so I have an indication of how many hours I'll have in a week and how many days I'll have to go in uni? :smile:Thanks!
Original post by FibonacciPigeon
Does anyone know how lenient Bristol are with students who don't meet their offers? I was offered aaa including maths and further maths for MSci Mathematics, and I know (due to a seriously difficult fp3 paper) that I haven't met it... I do 5 subjects and think my grades are more likely to be aaabb with the b in further maths.. Has anyone been in a similar position and still been offered Bristol or is it an automatic rejection? Any advice would be really welcome as I'm pretty worried right now...

Last year they let a few technically "missed" offers slide and let people in anyway when grades were off a bit, but if I'm being totally honest Maths is one of the few subjects (along with Physics and a couple others) where a specific subject is demanded at the highest possible grade they can get away with requiring. So, for Bristol I know that's A* without having to look it up, or obviously A if you have FM as well as Maths, clearly, because you were offered AAA.

People miss their offers and still get it, so don't lose all hope, but I really think (considering your subject is Maths) if you don't get As in Maths AND Further Maths like they've asked, you won't get in.

One way you could still be let in with a B in FM, however, is if you got an A* in Maths.
Reply 596
All you all need to know is I run Bristol nothing happens within the city unless I give it the green light. It would be best to befriend me quickly, preferably prior to your arival.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lou_100
Last year they let a few technically "missed" offers slide and let people in anyway when grades were off a bit, but if I'm being totally honest Maths is one of the few subjects (along with Physics and a couple others) where a specific subject is demanded at the highest possible grade they can get away with requiring. So, for Bristol I know that's A* without having to look it up, or obviously A if you have FM as well as Maths, clearly, because you were offered AAA.

People miss their offers and still get it, so don't lose all hope, but I really think (considering your subject is Maths) if you don't get As in Maths AND Further Maths like they've asked, you won't get in.

One way you could still be let in with a B in FM, however, is if you got an A* in Maths.

Ok thanks for the reply :smile: I think I just need to accept the fact that I'm most probably going to my insurance. It's just a shame because I really loved Bristol and the course and everything but I guess everything happens for a reason...
what is the tution fee for physics undergraduate course at bristol?
Reply 599
Original post by punctuation
There isn't a similar thread at the moment, so I thought I'd create one. Just as it says on the title: ask a current Bristol student. My hope is that any prospective/new/etc. students can ask questions, and any current/past Bristol student can answer them!

Without further ado: ask away! :smile:

Hi, i was wondering if you knew any number of near-miss applicants that made it, and became students in the university.

Also if you knew if philosophy and politics was an oversubscribed course.

And when a person makes an accommodation applicant ca they make changes to it.

Thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending