The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Eeyore
No, far from it

Would you care to elaborate? Now that I know that this man isn't a figment of your imagination, I'm more than willing to lend you assistance with my wonderful brain.
Reply 21
Sparkey
That doesn't work just makes you feel slutty and Worse :frown:

I second that, it's totally not the answer :frown:
Reply 22
I find its best just to block it out, pretend it dosn't exist, I've had far too much pain in the past from things that never came to anything.

At least while you're down you can't go down any further, i.e you have nothing to loose.
Reply 23
Mr White
Would you care to elaborate? Now that I know that this man isn't a figment of your imagination, I'm more than willing to lend you assistance with my wonderful brain.

Hmmm.... well it's a very long story. I've known him for ages, way before he was engaged/married/a father. He knows how I feel about him, we have talked about him and he said he was flattered... I think he thinks it's a bit ridiculous though, that's part of why it's so painful :'(
*bursts into tears again*

I saw him today by the way, which is why i'm feeling a bit sensitive at the mo.
Reply 24
Sparkey
That doesn't work just makes you feel slutty and Worse :frown:

Is there something wrong with being a slut?
Reply 25
corey
Is there something wrong with being a slut?

If i said yes i'd be a hypocrit :wink:
Reply 26
Eeyore
Hmmm.... well it's a very long story. I've known him for ages, way before he was engaged/married/a father. He knows how I feel about him, we have talked about him and he said he was flattered... I think he thinks it's a bit ridiculous though, that's part of why it's so painful :'(
*bursts into tears again*

I saw him today by the way, which is why i'm feeling a bit sensitive at the mo.

He's married, you realise? I have a couple of questions. 1. how old is he? 2. does he reciprocate?
Reply 27
Mr White
He's married, you realise? I have a couple of questions. 1. how old is he? 2. does he reciprocate?

i think the answer to number 2 is in the thread title
Reply 28
Mr White

1. 33
2. He likes me, but only in a fatherly way :frown: He always kisses me on the cheek though :smile:
I see him every week, and it's the highlight of every week.

I'm such an amazingly sad person :frown:
Reply 29
Eeyore

Your not sad your a teenager. Teens + Hormones = Crushes on unatainable people.

Life's a bitch :frown:
Reply 30
Eeyore
1. 33
2. He likes me, but only in a fatherly way :frown: He always kisses me on the cheek though :smile:
I see him every week, and it's the highlight of every week.

Okay, I can safetly conclude that you are deluded. 33? There's a name for 17 year old girls who go out with 33 year old married men.

It sounds like misplaced patriachal desire to me.
Reply 31
Mr White
Okay, I can safetly conclude that you are deluded. 33? There's a name for 17 year old girls who go out with 33 year old married men.

It sounds like misplaced patriachal desire to me.

I'm not going out with him. Nor ever will be.
Reply 32
Mr White
There's a name for 17 year old girls who go out with 33 year old married men.

If you switch the gender's around, you guys would be talking about MILF's and Mrs Robinson.
Reply 33
Eeyore
I'm not going out with him. Nor ever will be.

Still, this type of stunted infatuation is unhealthy.
Reply 34
Mr White

Unhealthy yes, but not abnormal. You'll get over him sooner or later and then wonder what the fuss was all about (trust me here).
Well, i know how she feels, but the man i love IS in love with me, yet we can't get it together... he married (my teacher)... you know you both want it, but it's .... unattainable! lol.. ah well...

Wait till i get my hands on the uni lads!! :wink:
Unrequited love is the problem of the fallen modern man who is constantly evolving - we all suffer from it at some point and I will inevitably be upset when it finally happens to me :biggrin:
Reply 37
Mr White

Stunted?
Reply 38
Corey you are fantastic.

You really dont want to hear this but the best way to get over him and move on with your life is to stop seeing him completely otherwise you will be miserable forever.
Reply 39
What's the longest anyone's been in unrequited love with the same person?

Can anyone beat 4 years? :confused:

Latest

Trending

Trending