The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I was in unrequited love so badly for 2 years or so, with a guy who was a very very close friend (but in a long-term relationship that started about a year before I met him). Even looking back, way removed from it, I can still remember how painful it was - we connected so well and I absolutely adored him, and he cared about me too, but he always made it clear it was as a friend. It was very intense for a long time, but I guess these things have to fade sometime, and so gradually, almost so as you don't notice, other guys become interesting again :wink: When he went to uni even our friendship was weakened, and we grew further apart.

One day, I met somebody new and fell in love all over again, only this time it's requited. We're still together, and though back then I couldn't have imagined anyone more perfect for me than my unrequited love, this guy is :smile: Last year, my old friend came back from uni on holiday and told me that him and his girlfriend had broken up (after 5 years). Once upon a time, I'd have been so excited to hear that, but all I felt was compassion for him. It's so strange how your feelings can change, but they do, and it gets better - though to anyone going through it, it may not seem like it now.
Reply 61
Eeyore
Am I the only one suffering from this horrendous affliction? When I see all these happy couples, I often think I am. :'-(
No sweetie, your not alone in this. Mines not exactly unrequited, see he's the worlds biggest comitmentphobe. Ahh hell, same difference right? He's afraid to get involved with me so yeah, it's unrequited.
Reply 62
Eeyore
He's a married man... :frown:

:eek: naughty girl!!! :biggrin: :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending