The Student Room Group

Econ: Markets in action F581 15th Jan 2013

This is the official thread to discuss this exam. Feel free to share revision tips that you may think are useful.

This thread is VERY useful http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1972086&highlight=polymath

This website is very useful: http://tutor2u.net/economics/revision-notes/index.html

I have also attached some revision notes that may be useful for you.
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Any predictions on what may come up on the exam? and thanks for the revision notes :smile:
Reply 2
Im doing this exam too! Any ideas on last question? I think theyve used up all the forms of govt int now..so its a toughy to geuss

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my XT615
Reply 3
How you guys revising. Making notes from the book or loads of past papers?
Reply 4
Original post by chelseafan
How you guys revising. Making notes from the book or loads of past papers?

Made notes on each chapter onto 4 sides of A3 paper and now starting to do past papers.
How are you revising?
Reply 5
Has anyone got the june 2012 paper or the most recent one?? Im resitting this thanks!

Hi all. I'm producing some YouTube videos and exam guides for F581, F582, F583 and F585. I wanted to get a feel for what the biggest questions are in approaching the F581 exam?
Reply 7
Original post by EnhanceTuition
Hi all. I'm producing some YouTube videos and exam guides for F581, F582, F583 and F585. I wanted to get a feel for what the biggest questions are in approaching the F581 exam?

Market failure is a definitely a real possibility for the 18 marker. And i look forward to watching those videos.
Reply 8
Has anyone got the paper the latest one? Please upload it!

Reply 9
Original post by lisa96
I'm also doing this exam. what do we need to write for the 'comment' questions???

You need to mention advantages and disadvantages and then give your overall opinion so something along the lines of 'To a greater/lesser extent, the impacts of so-and-so etc...'. It also depends on the type of 'comment' question you get, I've seen one where it says 'comment on the benefits of...' so for this you should also mention the disadvantages as well as advantages and in your judgement you should make sure that you state whether the benefits have a greater impact than the disadvantages/costs. Hope I've helped you.
Reply 10
Original post by lisa96
Thanks :smile: so its basically like the discuss question but in less detail ??

No same amount of detail comment discuss evaluate all same thing
Learn markschemes and you'll get an A

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by lisa96
Ok thanks :smile:

make sure you get 90+UMS in this paper aswell beause global is solid.
Reply 12
I really need help for this exam, I did a January 2011 paper and got between 20-25 marks.

I want an A so badly.

I'm gonna do all the past papers in Christmas holidays and examine mark schemes.

Is there anything I can do right now?

Thank you.
Reply 13
Original post by Vorsah
I really need help for this exam, I did a January 2011 paper and got between 20-25 marks.

I want an A so badly.

I'm gonna do all the past papers in Christmas holidays and examine mark schemes.

Is there anything I can do right now?

Thank you.

Lol it's the easiest exam by far. Learn markschemes for the papers learn definitions learn market failure for and against points and you'll get 100ums :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Just did a full mock exam and got 47/60. Need to revise more. However as others have said the bulk of your revision should just be learning definitions off by heart and learning mark schemes. Also summarising the book would be also be useful.
Reply 15
Original post by bad8oy
Lol it's the easiest exam by far. Learn markschemes for the papers learn definitions learn market failure for and against points and you'll get 100ums :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks.

What grade did you get in this exam?
Reply 16
Original post by Vorsah
Thanks.

What grade did you get in this exam?

100ums lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17

WOW congrats and thanks for the tips.
Reply 18
Original post by chelseafan
WOW congrats and thanks for the tips.

Your welcome...if you need help with anything just ask :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19

whats is the best way to structure your essay for the 18 mark essay question?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending