Watch
This discussion is closed.
manchesterunited15
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Bude8)
I have encountered several levels of stupidity, but one always stands out.

#YOLO
But that's true, you do only live once...
PythianLegume
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by InternetGangster)
once my friend thought that cosx = sin(x-Pi/2). dont worry, i sure made a mockery out of him.

(Original post by Cephalus)
That is a terrible mistake :eek:
Awkward how I don't see the mistake

Edit: Oh yeh, it should be + . *hangs head in shame*
greysfreak
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A girl in my class once said "Isn't tony blair our prime minister?". This was only a couple of months ago.
TattyBoJangles
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My friend a few years ago turned to me and went, "Is Halloween ever on Friday 13th? That'd be really creepy."

I agree. That would be odd.
-bethan-
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by askew116)
Having to stifle laughing at complete strangers is the worst isn't it?

Happened to me about a year ago, a young woman, maybe 19-20 was pushing a pushchair, but down quite a steep hill. Her phone went off, and she completely let go of the pushchair, so it started rolling down the hill. She was running after it, screaming for someone to help - So some bright spark put his foot out to stop it, and the pushchair tumbled forwards, catapaulting the baby out.

Before I get negs, I know that's really bad to laugh at, and I hope the baby wasn't hurt badly, but God it was a funny thing to witness

Yes it flipping is, it's almost painful! :teehee:

Oh my word...that sounds like something out of film! :eek: I do hope the baby was okay but....my word :lol: :mmm:
Cephalus
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by PythianLegume)
Sin(x -pi/2) = - cosx, not cosx

Lol just seen your edit :teehee:
Dinasaurus
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well there was a girl back in Year 8 who was incredibly gullible, we told her that Valentines day started in 1946, when Hitler's nephew Valentine Hitler, felt so bad for what his uncle did he decided to create a day of love as an apology for the atrocities of the war.

We also convinced her that Wawos (What, Agree with, why, on the other hand, so) the RE answer scheme, was actually a Greek god that the school worships through marking our work.

There was also a group of girls selling these cupcakes for charity around school, 1 for 30p and 3 for £1. I nearly took up the 'offer' until I realised.
sweetie17
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by manchesterunited15)
Just face it you tried to be clever and say it was only a country and not a continent, I showed you it's a continent as well and you agreed it is a continent. How are you not agreeing with me?
omg
how am i trying to be clever
you said i was an idiot as if you were implying that it was only a continent
didnt know you were saying it was both
thats why i was admitting that i was wrong yet still not agreeing with you
manchesterunited15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sweetie17)
omg
how am i trying to be clever
i just admitted i was wrong by saying it wasnt just a country but i did not agree with you saying it was only a continent, i just said its probably both
and you clearly think its only a continent , therefore were both wrong
Please tell me where I said it was only a continent. All I did was disagree with you when you said it wasn't a continent, never mentioned whether it was a country.

Obviously I know Australia is a country :facepalm2:
InternetGangster
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by PythianLegume)

Edit: Oh yeh, it should be + . *hangs head in shame*
get out!now!
(just kidding, i only put it because i know most people wouldnt understand it).
Doppel
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I was at the local library a few days ago and overheard two highschool students talking whilst doing their math homework

Girl 1: I've never understood where decimals come from. Where is the logic?
Girl 2: It's easy. Take 1/4 for example. How many ways can you split 1 into 4? 4 times. So the answer is 4.
xmarilynx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by iheartplums)
When we were discussing that Avatar was directed by the same guy who did Titanic, a girl came out with 'So is Avatar based on a true story as well?'
I know a French politics student who thought James Cameron was the Prime Minister :eek:
Hustler-1337
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
For some reason, my brain feels like it's had a momentary rise of ego after reading this thread. Surely I'm not the only one?
magicmuggle
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
"Wouldn't it be really cool if Halloween was also on Friday 13th?"

Said by a friend of mine last year. I thought it was a joke and laughed. Apparently not.
Doppel
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by InternetGangster)
once my friend thought that cosx = sin(x-Pi/2). dont worry, i sure made a mockery out of him.
Not that funny =(
Lapland
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My Year 7 geography teacher genuinely thought Hong Kong was in Japan :facepalm2: :rofl2:

And I remember in Primary school another teacher said "There is no word in the English language that ends in T."
sweetie17
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by manchesterunited15)
Please tell me where I said it was only a continent. All I did was disagree with you when you said it wasn't a continent, never mentioned whether it was a country.

Obviously I know Australia is a country :facepalm2:
As you didnt see my edited message, i said i didn't know you were implying it was both that's why i got confused and thought you meant it was only a continent, rooky mistake
but still no need to call me an idiot just because i thought it was only a country, i'm sure i'm not the only one
Cephalus
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Doppel)
Not that funny =(
Lol I wont lie it did make me laugh
such_a_lady
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My sister is brilliant for these.

"Bats are birds, right?"
"How do flamingos stand if they only have one leg?"

There will be more when I go back home for the vac
Doppel
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Dinasaurus)
Well there was a girl back in Year 8 who was incredibly gullible, we told her that Valentines day started in 1946, when Hitler's nephew Valentine Hitler, felt so bad for what his uncle did he decided to create a day of love as an apology for the atrocities of the war.

We also convinced her that Wawos (What, Agree with, why, on the other hand, so) the RE answer scheme, was actually a Greek god that the school worships through marking our work.

There was also a group of girls selling these cupcakes for charity around school, 1 for 30p and 3 for £1. I nearly took up the 'offer' until I realised.
I wonder if they didn't realise their mistake or if they were trying to trick morons
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (224)
33.63%
No (442)
66.37%

Watched Threads