Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    wots two reasons why childhood as a separate age-status (whats that mean?) is a relatively modern invention
    - thats the main one coz i don't know wht it means

these two i get wot it means but have run out of things to say

1) what is the extent and reson for family diversity in todays society

and 2) asses view that divison of labour is more or less equal.

got a few points 4 both-could do with more if any1 has them off the top of their head. but 1st thing is the important bit- i can'tn do it till i know what it means.

cheers guys

ReputationRep:
    does it mean why is children put in a separate catagory than adults?

ReputationRep:
    o my that is hard, wot board it 4rm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gunner123)
    ITS AQA i found it online and look at there notes- but our teacher is a bit strange and likes way more info than they put down- moer explanation sort of thing. bit worried bout the other 2 now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shellspeare)
    does it mean why is children put in a separate catagory than adults?
    think so.... and think two reasons is longer stay in school and media. if its for 8 marks how do i explain enough to get them ? :confussed:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gunner123)
    hey u'er the "stressed" guy-unfortunatly i'm starting to see what u mean!

ReputationRep:
    its about how women are now going out to work and how this has altered family life, ie, allocation of jobs! if a couple are both working full time do they share the household chores are or women still the ones that do the bulk of the work. also women are the ones who usually have to worry about childcare etc. in the past, in our society men were the main wage earners but today it is v different. you need to research this and the results and consequences of this shift in diversity

ReputationRep:
    its about how women are now going out to work and how this has altered family life, ie, allocation of jobs! if a couple are both working full time do they share the household chores are or women still the ones that do the bulk of the work. also women are the ones who usually have to worry about childcare etc. in the past, in our society men were the main wage earners but today it is v different. you need to research this and the results and consequences of this shift in diversity

oh rite i thought it was like different family tipes like single parent and differnt ethnic groups- cheers

ReputationRep:
    you could do with looking at recent surveys on division of labour in the household by each gender. today it is the most balanced than its ever been. read townsend, herbert spenser. get as many different perspectives and arguments on the subject as you can, ie, marxist, feminist etc good luck xx

ReputationRep:
    you could do with looking at recent surveys on division of labour in the household by each gender. today it is the most balanced than its ever been. read townsend, herbert spenser. get as many different perspectives and arguments on the subject as you can, ie, marxist, feminist etc good luck xx

thanks!

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.