Turn on thread page Beta

minor back problem +dropped level of fitness, will i pass entry requirements? watch

ReputationRep:
    hey, just wondering if anyone can help me out, i have decided the raf is what i want to do, partly because i am a very active person and am not happy unless im running around like a headless chicken! anyway, i would like to enter as an PTI, but i am struggling with my fitness. i play badminton and tennis for shropshire, but have recently found out i have a tendon problem in my back, it does not stop me doing physical activity, and i have let my fitness drop alot because of resting this, i am now only able to reach level 6 on the bleep test, i am female, and 16, i am sure i can build it up, but what are the requirements and would my back problem effect my entry?? thanks in advance for any info xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lupzyloo)
    hey, just wondering if anyone can help me out, i have decided the raf is what i want to do, partly because i am a very active person and am not happy unless im running around like a headless chicken! anyway, i would like to enter as an PTI, but i am struggling with my fitness. i play badminton and tennis for shropshire, but have recently found out i have a tendon problem in my back, it does not stop me doing physical activity, and i have let my fitness drop alot because of resting this, i am now only able to reach level 6 on the bleep test, i am female, and 16, i am sure i can build it up, but what are the requirements and would my back problem effect my entry?? thanks in advance for any info xxxx
    Depends, is it a recurring problem? Will it 'fix' itself back to normal? If it does, then its no probs!

Just start upping your fitness again, go for jogs etc etc

ReputationRep:
    Hia

There are loads of info on this site on the entry requirements. Is your back problem mentioned in your medical records? And is it something that is likely to be a problem is future or is it 'fixable'?? You need a level 8.1 in the bleep test to get top marks, which would boost your marks in the rest of the assessment, but I think it's 6.something to pass...

Good luck!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    You need to be quite exceptionally fit to be a PTI. Regardless of sex, if you're not able to post a good high level 13-17 in the bleep test you're not fit enough.

When you're teaching people who can get up to level 14, how do you expect to keep up with them and still train, manage and look after them when level 8's your limit?

Any physical problem likely to reoccur will also count against you.

Also, are you sure it's what you want to do? How much of a PTI's job do you think is just "running around like a headless chicken?" In fact, none of it.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.