The Student Room Group

I want to drop out of 3rd year

I am not motivated at all in my course, I felt like I didnot belong but stayed in my first year cus I had a bf and I was well.... kind of stupid and not brave enough to admit that I was finding uni hard. But now half way through my autumn term all I can think of is why i didnot leave early enough. I am so stressed cus i dont understand most of the thing. With a lot of effort all I can get is 2:2 max, but I will prob be very depressed by then. I know it is only 8 months away but I dont wanna be here. I feel like dropping out and going back when I am truly ready but how is that gonna affect my finances?! HAs anyone had similar expericences?! please share!!
Reply 1
Have you considered a leave of absence? you Could take a break for a semester or a year and earn some money and complete your course after that. The other option is to look to transferring either to a different university or a different course, the latter depends on how many similar subjects there are. What ever you decide to do make sure you are happy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending