Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone do them? I did both, just found out i got a commended in biology, i kind of thought i might get more, havent heard from chemistry yet.

ReputationRep:
    How does it work? Are there separate age groups for people at school and uni?

Just asking because some people from school did quite well in the physics olympiad. (Not me btw, I stay well clear from sciences )

PS: Well done, it sounds pretty good

ReputationRep:
    I almost made it through in the Physics to the last 50 but I've done much better in the maths. I did the chem but I still don't know anything about it. I just sat them to see whether I can get some prizes to shove on my CV and stuff and so far it's paid off.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i did biology (not good enough 4 chem tho according 2 teacher ) and got silver which was a surprise seeing as thought it was hard! don't worry suzy - no1 at my school has heard bout chem yet either.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I did both. got a gold in the biology and I've got to do the paper for the next round this week. Haven't heard back about the chemistry yet.

ReputationRep:
    oo, well done al, you little genius I took the biology one and got a bronze - was pleasantly surprised as quite a large proportion of the paper wasn't on the A-level syllabus so I just sat there confused most of the time It was nice to do it for the experience anyway.

winorloose: From the website it says that "The British Biology Olympiad is a competition for post 16 Biology students studying 'advanced' or vocational awards."

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I was expecting to get more to be honest. Noone else at my school got anything, so that was somehting! No, lots of it was not on the sylabus, and i am not rememebring much at the moment to be honest so im not hugely suprised.

I thought the chemistry was ok at first, the last few were really hard, but bits were doable. Asparagus and urine?! How bazzare.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)
    oo, well done al, you little genius I took the biology one and got a bronze - was pleasantly surprised as quite a large proportion of the paper wasn't on the A-level syllabus so I just sat there confused most of the time It was nice to do it for the experience anyway.

winorloose: From the website it says that "The British Biology Olympiad is a competition for post 16 Biology students studying 'advanced' or vocational awards."
    lucy, did you do the chemistry olympiad?

ReputationRep:
    are the results out yet???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yannis)
    are the results out yet???
    the biology ones are on the website. i think the site is http://www.iob.org/. For chemistry, a letter is sent to your home address if you come within the top 10 in the country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boygenious)
    lucy, did you do the chemistry olympiad?
    Nope, my school only takes part in the biology olympiad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)
    Nope, my school only takes part in the biology olympiad
    oh ok. i think i saw your name on the biology olympiad website, congrats on getting the medal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boygenious)
    oh ok. i think i saw your name on the biology olympiad website, congrats on getting the medal.
    Yep, that was probably me Thanks

ReputationRep:
    what do you have to get to geta medal or certificate? What names are on there?

I got a medal too (Biology)

Can't go to the presentation tho cos its the same day as the Biology AEA :rolleyes:

Rosie

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.