Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does our awareness continue after we die?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eviloompa)
    Do you agree?

There is no awnser to that question, because no one knows.

ReputationRep:
    you seemed to have implied that this is true... therefore to say no would be incorrect.

As for the question I've never really thought about it

ReputationRep:
    hmm the poll question is the opposite to the thread title question

ReputationRep:
    Its a pointless question as man was made so that we would never find out the answer to life after death.

ReputationRep:
    we know one thing that is there are no evidences. So do you think that you soul can really die so easily?

ReputationRep:
    I sound like a phleb now that you changed the thread title...

ReputationRep:
    I've long studied life and philosophys about life death, and many more issues. But death? In my opinion theres nothing after death, No one will ever know. Once you die, most likely you wont be able to tell anyone about it. After death is possibly just a void, where the is no end, and no way out, Only a way in.

I believe no there is not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Is anyone willing to put this to the test? I've got a ouija board.

Well hello there.

ReputationRep:
    sure! last time i used one nothing happened it was rubbish!

do we have to hold hands or chant or anything?

ReputationRep:
    On a serious note, no I don't think so - its just like before you were born - nothingness.

Well said

ReputationRep:

Lets start the chanting...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    we know one thing that is there are no evidences. So do you think that you soul can really die so easily?
    there was this guy mithering me on msn he might have been frm on ere i dunno but he was muslim and kept saying islam is the true religion - kinda annoyin. anyway he said that the book of islam has had the facts of the universe in it since god and the believers have known this all the time. however wot science is slowly finding out is now becoming exactly the same as wot is written in their book. so scientists are simply discovering gods creation which is nature and evolution.
    interesting but his only point in telling me this was to persuade me to become muslim :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    there was this guy mithering me on msn he might have been frm on ere i dunno but he was muslim and kept saying islam is the true religion - kinda annoyin. anyway he said that the book of islam has had the facts of the universe in it since god and the believers have known this all the time. however wot science is slowly finding out is now becoming exactly the same as wot is written in their book. so scientists are simply discovering gods creation which is nature and evolution.
    interesting but his only point in telling me this was to persuade me to become muslim :rolleyes:
    Islam is no more valid than any other religion. In my opinion its all a load of crap, I have my own believes about life after death. I am technicaly church of england but I have never been to church other than weddings and christenings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)

The only thing religeon is, a gathered bunch of lies packed into very large books. Religeon is vaugley based on fact, I would say no more than 20% of the Bible, or any other "Holy" books are true.

ReputationRep:
    What soul?
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Islam is no more valid than any other religion. In my opinion its all a load of crap, I have my own believes about life after death. I am technicaly church of england but I have never been to church other than weddings and christenings.
    lol i dont wanna get into a discussion about it but i was a little convinced by wot he said coz how can u explain the book of islam having facts in that are only just being found out today

ReputationRep:
    Don't mistake consciousness for 'soul'.
    i never mistake between the 2

ReputationRep:
    Religeon paves the way of many of the worlds population, from what i hear more than 90% of humans belive in some suprime being that meets us after death. That could just be what the human mind thinks, that we are servents to some suprime being.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.