Turn on thread page Beta

Is there life after death? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    when i die ill come post on here if there is an afterlife. if you don't hear from me then i guess that means there's no such thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FliP)
    Religeon paves the way of many of the worlds population, from what i hear more than 90% of humans belive in some suprime being that meets us after death. That could just be what the human mind thinks, that we are servents to some suprime being.
    true but wot if we go to hell or something for not believing. thats wot this muslim persons made me scared of lol hes really convincing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    true but wot if we go to hell or something for not believing. thats wot this muslim persons made me scared of lol hes really convincing

Post his conversation, I would love to hear how hes convincing you into something that cant possibly exist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    A lot of the world's population lives in poverty therefore I can understand why they'd want to believe in an afterlife. For the rest, is their life really so bad that they need some extra afterwards?

Very true, in India people devote thier lives to karma, that says they will be born agein into greater wealth. Truth? Or just another way to keep people behaving, and being obeadiant to the person who wrote it? Who was probably just another power hungry Human.

ReputationRep:
    How can you prove it doesn't exist?

I have many reasons, and im not telling you to belive in all im saying. All you have to do is stop listining.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FliP)
    I have many reasons, and im not telling you to belive in all im saying. All you have to do is stop listining.
    you cant proove it

ReputationRep:
    Well I don't think that's true of Hinduism, but I know where you're coming from. Hinduism is more a way of life, and wasn't 'begun' by anyone as such, rather a series of traditions passed down orally initially and then in the vedas. What you said is definitely true of some other religions though.

How did it start? Who first started passing it down to there decendents, someone high in wealth, that wanted to provent riots, and keep everyone in peace. That system kept the same familys in power for many years, and kept the untouchables, at the bottom of the barrel.

ReputationRep:
    No need to convince me, just asking. Point is God, and the 'afterlife' can't really be proven or disproven.

Point Proven

In my eyes, none of its true. But to you, belive what you want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FliP)
    Point Proven

In my eyes, none of its true. But to you, belive what you want.
    there must be something though i mean imagine if we just die and never know anything or see the world ever again. its mad either way i suppose.

ReputationRep:
    i dont think its so hard to imagine nothingness

like a night with no dreams or before you were born.

ReputationRep:
    If the Bible was true, then why hasn't God/Allah appeared since it was written? He would have to be pretty darn cruel to leave us pondering like this, causing so much global conflict. That leaves me to conclude that no religion is correct. When we die, we vanish forever in a void of silent darkness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eviloompa)
    If the Bible was true, then why hasn't God/Allah appeared since it was written? He would have to be pretty darn cruel to leave us pondering like this, causing so much global conflict. That leaves me to conclude that no religion is correct. When we die, we vanish forever in a void of silent darkness.
    If a god does exsist, im sure he/she has a very good reason for not making an apperance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    there must be something though i mean imagine if we just die and never know anything or see the world ever again. its mad either way i suppose.

Your saying, you would be angry if there is no heaven?

If we have a heaven, then so does all other living beings. If you say they dont and you do, Well thats being selfish.

Be open minded, and just realize that we are Mammals. That were given the gift of opposeable thumbs, with out thumbs we would not have been able to make tools. To be able to crack open bones, to be able to get to the marrow inside. Which gave us enough fat for our brains to grow. Over millions of years, our brains developed. Thats when our ancestors started cultivateing, and growing crops. Our specis grew, until we reached this point in time, where various individuals sign on, and talk about Human issues. Like life, which lead to me enlightening all you on my philosophy.

Well there it is my 10 line abbreviation of the Human specis. I apolojize for talking so long and taking up this threads space. Maybe some day people will just open there eyes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    If a god does exsist, im sure he/she has a very good reason for not making an apperance

Agreed, but thats only one hypothises.

ReputationRep:
    Too busy playing poker with Satan probably.
    I've never thought of god as a cards man, I reckon he would be more suited to a game like chess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Islam is no more valid than any other religion. In my opinion its all a load of crap, I have my own believes about life after death. I am technicaly church of england but I have never been to church other than weddings and christenings.
    thats a very ignorant thing to say,well i should expect that from an ignorant person................

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eviloompa)
    hmmmm ur arguement is an illogical one,religious people believe that this life is a test,then how can you blame god for the trouble that was caused by humans?

ReputationRep:
    Chess is deterministic if you're God - he always wins. He likes a game with an element of chance like poker, and Satan is the only entity who's mind he can't read. Twos are wild.
    you sound like you have met him :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Met him? He owes me a tenner!*

*yes I know I stole that from 'Dogma'.

Dogma is on right now! Go watch it. (In the Usa)

ReputationRep:
    all these threads are getting very deep...

this is the samething like the thread about if god turned out to be real, would god punish non-believers. We can all have our beliefs, and vote in the poll, but what is the point of posting our beliefs? There is no right answer, since obviously no one knows, and this is bound to begin another religious argument, and we have enough of those

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.