Turn on thread page Beta

help! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    soz for posting another thread on this but i really need some advice. i fainted at college last week during a lesson and im just way too embarrased to go back. one minute i think fine i'll go back and joke about it then i really think about it and its mad. i mean who faints during a lesson? i just dont believe ive done it and no idea wot im gonna say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    soz for posting another thread on this but i really need some advice. i fainted at college last week during a lesson and im just way too embarrased to go back. one minute i think fine i'll go back and joke about it then i really think about it and its mad. i mean who faints during a lesson? i just dont believe ive done it and no idea wot im gonna say.
    lets be honest this isnt about you fainting... this has deeper roots. If you were secure about yourself you wouldn't care, I am guessing you have low self-esteem and didnt like being the center of attention ie. when you fainted. Who cares you only fainted, better then throwing up or something like that

ReputationRep:
    i would just go back if i was you, i doubt anyone even remembers is, no need to be embarrased, it wasn't you fault that you fainted.

Why don't you want ot go back??? what do you think is gonna happen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    lets be honest this isnt about you fainting... this has deeper roots. If you were secure about yourself you wouldn't care, I am guessing you have low self-esteem and didnt like being the center of attention ie. when you fainted. Who cares you only fainted, better then throwing up or something like that
    yes ure right i hate the attention expecially since im quiet. i just think faintings mad though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    are you feelin ok? just that you are posting exactly the same thing about you fainting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    i would just go back if i was you, i doubt anyone even remembers is, no need to be embarrased, it wasn't you fault that you fainted.

Why don't you want ot go back??? what do you think is gonna happen?
    two things im most concerned about - wot ppl will think and the main thing im worried about fainting again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    So don't go back to college. Apply for a job in McDonalds and work alongside staff who know nothing about the fainting incident.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eviloompa)
    So don't go back to college. Apply for a job in McDonalds and work alongside staff who know nothing about the fainting incident.
    id possibly faint in mcdonalds lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    id possibly faint in mcdonalds lol
    stop being such a wimp and just go to college

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    stop being such a wimp and just go to college
    even with the fear of fainting again. ok im gonna shut up now lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    even with the fear of fainting again. ok im gonna shut up now lol
    don't be scared! My best friend at high school was notorious for fainting - she did it in child dev. when watching video of a birth and no one noticed lol.

The funniest time tho was when we had prisoners come in and do talks on drugs. She got grossed out by details and fainted and this big burly prisoner got so upset he'd caused it he carried her out the room and stayed with her till she woke up. She was scared of course, thinking she'd been abducted, but everyone thought it was amusing.

People are gonna take the piss whatever I'm afraid, but those who like you will be concerned ( i should hope) and thats the only thing that counts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rednirt)
    don't be scared! My best friend at high school was notorious for fainting - she did it in child dev. when watching video of a birth and no one noticed lol.

The funniest time tho was when we had prisoners come in and do talks on drugs. She got grossed out by details and fainted and this big burly prisoner got so upset he'd caused it he carried her out the room and stayed with her till she woke up. She was scared of course, thinking she'd been abducted, but everyone thought it was amusing.

People are gonna take the piss whatever I'm afraid, but those who like you will be concerned ( i should hope) and thats the only thing that counts
    lol cheers for that im dreading going back incase i do it again though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    lol cheers for that im dreading going back incase i do it again though
    was it just cos it was stuffy or something or is there a medical reason behind it? If you're not sure, you should prob get it checked out witha doctor.

ReputationRep:
    was it just cos it was stuffy or something or is there a medical reason behind it? If you're not sure, you should prob get it checked out witha doctor.
    it was hot and also i had quite a bad stomach ache but ive only fainted 4 times in total over the past 8 years lol so theres probably no medical reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    it was hot and also i had quite a bad stomach ache but ive only fainted 4 times in total over the past 8 years lol so theres probably no medical reason.
    thats ok then I don't like worrying about people

ReputationRep:
    thats ok then I don't like worrying about people
    thanks for ya concern

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 8, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.