Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    As much as possible, I try to sleep between 10 pm - 11 pm...

I read an article, it says, if you sleep late every night, you will tend to grow old faster =(

but on many a times, due to undone assignments, it's usually 12...

ReputationRep:
    Usually 10-11pm, only because I don't go out. Nowhere to go/or anyone to go with....

ReputationRep:
    i usually either go between 12-1 or at 3.

if im alone it'll be the first, but if i go visit friends (upstairs) then its 3.

and yet im still up at 7.15 every morning

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    i read that any more or less than 6-7 hours a night is bad for you. so if you're going to bed at 10pm you should be getting up at 4am-5am! i usually go about 1-2 and get up at 8.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    An intellectually challening post here:
    Depends what's on TV at the time, what college work i've got to do, whether i'm in the middle of a 30 hour stint on final fantasy etc.

ReputationRep:
    If I didn't have the net in my room it would be a lot earlier! Damn you internet, stealing my sleep with your addictiveness!

ReputationRep:
    ideal times: week-9/10 (though it's actually between 11 and 1)and then weekend i'm not too fussed as long as i can get up sat and sunday for work!!

ReputationRep:
    pretty much about 1-2am. only reason is up half the night talking to my boyfriend

ReputationRep:
    depends if ive had a bad week at school.. if i have then i just crash out at weekends..but a good week with little work = no sleep! cos ill just go out.. but on week nights i try to keep it about 11pm.. i have to have at least 7 hours sleep otherwise ill just fall asleep in lessons!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    i read that any more or less than 6-7 hours a night is bad for you. so if you're going to bed at 10pm you should be getting up at 4am-5am! i usually go about 1-2 and get up at 8.
    It depends on the individual. 8 hours a night is the general 'recommended' dose of sleep. However some people can get by quite happily with 5 hours (Margaret Thatcher for instance), and others need about 9.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    It depends on the individual. 8 hours a night is the general 'recommended' dose of sleep. However some people can get by quite happily with 5 hours (Margaret Thatcher for instance), and others need about 9.
    wish i could cope on just 5.. imagine all the stuff you could do whilst everyone else is wasting their time sleeping....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by presebjenada)
    wish i could cope on just 5.. imagine all the stuff you could do whilst everyone else is wasting their time sleeping....
    Yes, considering we waste a third of our lives sleeping, it is rather depressing thinking of all the time gone to waste. And yet still, nobody knows what why exactly we need sleep and what goes on in our bodies during sleep.

ReputationRep:
    I love sleep... Ive been to sleep today but Im not well at the mo, so I have an excuse.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 8, 2004
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.