Turn on thread page Beta

Footballers = touble? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion they are overpaid glory seekers, with little viable talent in the real world, but recently they have been gettin into a lot of trouble (with the numerous cases of sexal assault brought, tho not all true, and their general misbehaviour resulting in assaults, drinking problems and drug abuse).

Is there a link between the "yob" mentality of the new breed of footballers and these recent spats of trouble they cause, or is it just that we hear more about footballers in the news than say, atheletes or golfers etc.?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rednirt)
    In my opinion they are overpaid glory seekers, with little viable talent in the real world, but recently they have been gettin into a lot of trouble (with the numerous cases of sexal assault brought, tho not all true, and their general misbehaviour resulting in assaults, drinking problems and drug abuse).

Is there a link between the "yob" mentality of the new breed of footballers and these recent spats of trouble they cause, or is it just that we hear more about footballers in the news than say, atheletes or golfers etc.?
    i think those problems occur in all sports

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rednirt)

footballers are entertainers and entertainers are known for all these problems so i am not surprise at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Yes. Football is a more working class sport than athletics or golf. Therefore, more 'yobs' are likely to become footballers.
    I love golf.. anyone else see craig perry sink his second shot on the playoff hole to win at doral today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    I love golf.. anyone else see craig perry sink his second shot on the playoff hole to win at doral today?
    nah golf's not my thing really

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Football is a more working class sport than athletics or golf. Therefore, more 'yobs' are likely to become footballers.
    Like Wayne Rooney for example.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    nah golf's not my thing really
    ya, dean probably doesnt either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    that was a knee slaper :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    He is an angry young man.
    he is indeed... I really can't see how one can justify paying people like him insane amounts of money to kick around what was orginally a sheeps stomach!!! It just completley bewliders me.

ReputationRep:
    Well it does in fact make financial sense for the clubs given the vast amount of revenue they receive from fans and TV rights. Its the people watching that are paying their wages.

But, compare with a completely hopeless actor getting paid millions per film.
    i don't think anyone who doesn't perform a necessary and worthwhile function in society should get paid anywhere near the amounts film stars and footballers get.

and it pisses me off even more when train drivers demand higher wages - whilst the nurses and doctors and policemen etc get stuck with their crappy salaries.

The world is insane.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    what do u have against Dean ne way?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 8, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.