Extended Project in Personal Statement

Watch
m rowe29
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I have completed an extended project and am writing my personal statement. What is the best way to mention the EPQ in your PS? Do you tell them the title, and talk about what transferable skills you have gained from it, or do you go into detail about what your project was about and the skills you have gained from it?

Also, how have you guys talked about your extended project in your PS?

Cheers
golden tribe
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
yes i want to learn how to also talk about EPQ in PS
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Don't give the title - talk about the area 'I did an EPQ on why x did y' and talk about why it interested you
golden tribe
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by *Interrobang*)
Don't give the title - talk about the area 'I did an EPQ on why x did y' and talk about why it interested you
the problem is i am doing my epq now. just started few weeks ago
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by golden tribe)
the problem is i am doing my epq now. just started few weeks ago
Well just talk about the stuff that you've done so far. And unless you need to apply for the early deadline remember that you've got loads of time so could always add to that section later.

As for the skills - like for your A Levels the tutors will know what you can gain from the epq so mentioning that is unnecessary
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Is your epq relevant to the subject you are applying for? If not then it may not be worth mentioning in any depth.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads