The Student Room Group

Orthoptics at Sheffield + Liverpool

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by emilyxxsmith
Nope, have not heard a thing since applying end of October. Not even an acknowledgement of my application, kinda weird. i would of thought 3 months is a long time to wait for such a small course, but what do i know hey...

Email them. Not like Sheffield to wait such a long time. I went to the mandatory open day on 30th and have just got my offer via ucas officially just now
Woooo! Unconditional offer from Liverpool :biggrin: Anyone else going the open day on 13/2/2013?x
Reply 22
Original post by twinkly_ladybug
Woooo! Unconditional offer from Liverpool :biggrin: Anyone else going the open day on 13/2/2013?x

I'm firming Liverpool :biggrin:

what about you?
Original post by Sully
Email them. Not like Sheffield to wait such a long time. I went to the mandatory open day on 30th and have just got my offer via ucas officially just now

So apparently they sent me an email months ago asking me to go to an open day, i just never got it -_-
but yay i'm going on the 20th March :biggrin:

are you firming sheffield?
Reply 24
Original post by emilyxxsmith
Nope, have not heard a thing since applying end of October. Not even an acknowledgement of my application, kinda weird. i would of thought 3 months is a long time to wait for such a small course, but what do i know hey...

Double check with them. Sheffield should have replied by now. Ask someone at your college too?
Reply 25
Im new to tsr but was just wondering what is the liklihood that I would be given an offer for orthoptics from either uni from extra or clearing if my origional personal statement was about Midwifery? I satisfy ther entance requirements and im willing to do work exp. The more I research this course the more I want to do it!
Is orthoptics often in clearing?
If it is, does that mean there is no interview for it? Th
Any advice is appreciated, thanks in advance!
So January results came out today and I've thankfully met my offer for Liverpool! Went to Sheffield yesterday for the open/offer day thing so should be getting an offer soon but I think my heart is settled on Liverpool though!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by strivingsoul
So January results came out today and I've thankfully met my offer for Liverpool! Went to Sheffield yesterday for the open/offer day thing so should be getting an offer soon but I think my heart is settled on Liverpool though!

Liverpool :biggrin:
Reply 28
I'm not sure where I'm going. Still got the Sheffield offer though :smile:
I am firming sheffield and putting liverpool as insurance :biggrin:
Reply 30
What are the chances on getting a place through ucas extra for orthoptics at sheffield? I previously applied for engineering.
Reply 31
Original post by Sbapu
What are the chances on getting a place through ucas extra for orthoptics at sheffield? I previously applied for engineering.

you'd have to contact the administrators for the course
they'd probably be more helpful

:smile:
Reply 32
sent off my personal statement a couple days ago, course change to orthoptics. hope i get an offer.
Original post by Hdizzle
I'm firming Liverpool :biggrin:

what about you?

Sorry it's taken an age to reply! Im firming Liverpool too- it's the only place i've applied to so thank god they definitely want me!!!
Reply 34
Original post by twinkly_ladybug
Sorry it's taken an age to reply! Im firming Liverpool too- it's the only place i've applied to so thank god they definitely want me!!!

hehe no problem :smile:

look forward to seeing you in September God willing
:biggrin:
Hi i'm currently studying biology,geography and english at AS level and I checked liverpools requirements for orthoptics and it says chemistry isnt required but everyone applying seems to have it? Do I still have a chance of getting accepted into this course without chemistry?
Reply 36
Hi Everyone, I applied for orthoptics this year and got a decline within a week!

Reason: They do not accept Irish School-leavers!

So make sure and check requirements or ring them!!
Reply 37
Hi Lauren, chemistry isn't required. Biology is the only subject they specify that you need so don't worry :smile: Think it's just coincidental that people who are into science do more than one type.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending